Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Nike Hoop Summit - Plumlee and Wall

The Nike Hoop Summit will be played on April 11th and will be shown on FSN. The game features a squad of high school basketball players against a world select team. Plumlee and Wall are scheduled to play for the U.S. team.

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe561...7362007a711272

gw67

And many of you are probably already aware, but Messrs. Plumlee, Kelly and Wall will all be on display a week later at the Jordan Brand Classic (8PM April 18th, ESPN2).

http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/classic/

It's funny that Wall is listed as 6'1 on the Nike Hoop Summit site and 6'4 on the Jordan site. I would guess that 6'1 may be closer to reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Devil View Post
    It's funny that Wall is listed as 6'1 on the Nike Hoop Summit site and 6'4 on the Jordan site. I would guess that 6'1 may be closer to reality.
    I have only seen him as listed at 6-4 so the 6-1 must be a typo.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    I have only seen him as listed at 6-4 so the 6-1 must be a typo.

If he comes to Duke he's 6'4 and if he goes anywhere else, he's 5-10. GoDuke!

Mason Plumlee in 2009 Nike Hoop Summit!

Mason Plumlee future Blue Devil will be playing in the 2009 Nike Hoop Summit this saturday!

The 2009 Nike Hoop Summit is coming this this Saturday April 11, 2009 at 7 pm Fox Sports Net (FSN) Live national broadcast at the Portland Rose Garden!

Can't wait to see the top High School Athletes playing against the world! Its going to be an exciting game, previous players that have played include: Dirk Nowitzki, Tony Parker, Derrick Rose, Kevin Love,...and so much more! www.youtube.com/nikehoopsummit

Its also going to be online live webcast at http://nikehoopssummit.rivals.com

Best game of the year for sure! Mason Plumlee will own! How good do you think Plumlee will do compared to the other top High School athletes?

7PM Pacific time.... for the Hoop Summit

10PM EST...

Directv channel 646

Also, if you guys are interested, the Derby Festival Classic (bledsoe) is 7PM EST and should be available online ... www.wazoosports.com
    I believe it will be streamed live... if not, they will have it available on their website eventually.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Marty...

Isn't the Nike Summit the same game where Pocius went off and scored like 40 something points against the American team? I seem to recall Marty had a really good game in one of the all-star games, just not sure which one...

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Isn't the Nike Summit the same game where Pocius went off and scored like 40 something points against the American team? I seem to recall Marty had a really good game in one of the all-star games, just not sure which one...
    Yeah, Marty led the World team with 20 points in a 106-98 loss to the USA team in 2005. The USA team was led by 31 pts from Tyler Hansbrough and 10 assists by Greg Paulus.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Yeah, Marty led the World team with 20 points in a 106-98 loss to the USA team in 2005. The USA team was led by 31 pts from Tyler Hansbrough and 10 assists by Greg Paulus.
    Thanks Roy. I thought that was the game. Actually thought he had more points than that, but still he played well that night.

I plan on watching the game tomorrow night and hopefully both Mason and John will have great games. After the game of course, Mason can seal the deal and convince John to join him in a championship run next year at Duke!

Only dreaming, but maybe lots of good things are about to happen for Duke, starting with signing Wall!

Go Duke! (Only 7 months til practice starts!)

Stations in the Durham area

will the game be shown in Durham on Time Warner channel 50, or is there another option?

Smile 200910-200904 = 6

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    Go Duke! (Only 7 months til practice starts!)
    Actually only six months 'til practice begins.

sagegrouse

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by billybean View Post
    7PM Pacific time.... for the Hoop Summit

10PM EST...

Directv channel 646

Also, if you guys are interested, the Derby Festival Classic (bledsoe) is 7PM EST and should be available online ... www.wazoosports.com
    I believe it will be streamed live... if not, they will have it available on their website eventually.
    I have DTV up in DC and the Hoop Summit is on CSN (646) on sunday at 3.

Check out this video of some Plumlee dunks, including a successful dunk of 3 balls at once:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqmfa0MdLnc

Amazing.

Hopefully he does well in the game tonight.

Wall is really, really, really impressive so far in the Nike Hoop Summit game. He has 4 points so far and at least 2 assists in only a few minutes. He also picked the PG's pocket at halfcourt and dished it off for a dunk.

Plumlee didn't really do much yet, but he had a shot blocked. He had a nice defensive play where he knocked the ball out of a guy's hand as he went to shoot. Plumlee has very quick hands.

Wall is soooo good. If Carolina gets him, we are in BIG trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueinBlo View Post
    Wall is soooo good. If Carolina gets him, we are in BIG trouble.
    Sheesh!!! I am so sick of this attitude!!

Silly angst about kids who have not committed anywhere is not the kind of thing that gets you a good reputation around this board. It is not like anyone sees Carolina as the leader for this kid or even a strong contender at this point!!

Sigh. Some of ya'll just don't know how to do anything but worry.

--Jason "stop and enjoy the ride a bit, ok?" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Sheesh!!! I am so sick of this attitude!!

Silly angst about kids who have not committed anywhere is not the kind of thing that gets you a good reputation around this board. It is not like anyone sees Carolina as the leader for this kid or even a strong contender at this point!!

Sigh. Some of ya'll just don't know how to do anything but worry.

--Jason "stop and enjoy the ride a bit, ok?" Evans
    Well he mentioned Carolina in his 6 teams today. All I said if they get him we are in trouble b/c we play Carolina up to 4 times, 2 times minimum.

Plumlee made a nice 3-4 foot shot. He just fouled a guy on a 3 pointer... not good. He looks solid, but he's not as good as guys like DeMarcus Cousins or Renardo Sidney.

Wall has one of the quickest first steps I've ever seen. He's just generally faster than everyone with the ball. The announcer said something like, "Explosive first step doesn't even begin to describe John Wall." He bricked a 3 pointer earlier. If he develops his shot, he could definitely be an NBA All-Star.

Wall just blocked a 3 pointer and then posterized a guy on a breakaway.

Good god. Wall just threw a NASTY double clutch fast break dunk over some dude. Apparently his YouTube videos aren't an aberation. haha