New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Abby Waner going for 3-point championship

Abby will be on ESPN tonight at 9PM, participating in the Slam-Dunk and Three-Point Championship competition. One of her competitors will be Kristi Toliver, whose 3 pointer sent Duke into overtime in the championship game, which the twerps then won. I'd like to see Abby win it all, but mostly I'd like to see Abby do better than Kristi.
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=3705218
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Abby will be on ESPN tonight at 9PM, participating in the Slam-Dunk and Three-Point Championship competition. One of her competitors will be Kristi Toliver, whose 3 pointer sent Duke into overtime in the championship game, which the twerps then won. I'd like to see Abby win it all, but mostly I'd like to see Abby do better than Kristi.
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...ATCLID=3705218
    What's next for Abby?

She certainly has a future in broadcasting; is she lined up for anything next year?

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    ... is she lined up for anything next year?
    I think Abby's plans may depend on the results of next Thursday's WNBA draft.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    It will be interesting to see if she plays overseas or not. If she doesn't have success in the WNBA (I hope she will!), I wonder if she will focus on broadcasting more than her game. Either way, I wish her the best of luck, she's been a great representative for Duke.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Thank you Abby

You have been great for Duke and we wish you all the best in whatever you decide to pursue. Business or basketball....we know that you will be very successful.

We will miss you at Duke but will follow your career closely.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It will be interesting to see if she plays overseas or not. If she doesn't have success in the WNBA (I hope she will!), I wonder if she will focus on broadcasting more than her game. Either way, I wish her the best of luck, she's been a great representative for Duke.
    I would be very suprised if she plays in the WNBA for more than a year or two if she gets drafted.

Not because she is not good enough, but I think she will be much more sucessful in the Sports Media field for her career.

And it is also almost impossible to make a good living of an WNBA contracts unless you have big sponsors which most of those women do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    I would be very suprised if she plays in the WNBA for more than a year or two if she gets drafted.

Not because she is not good enough, but I think she will be much more sucessful in the Sports Media field for her career.

And it is also almost impossible to make a good living of an WNBA contracts unless you have big sponsors which most of those women do not have.
    Yeah, her name recognition is high right now. If that'll help her get a good start on a sports media career, I say go for it.

By the way, Abby made it to the semifinals. She and Heather Ezell scored 14 and Briann January scored 15 to beat them both out. The last person, Melissa Liebschwager, apparently dominated the competition and won in the finals (she did lead the nation in 3 pt %).

Kristi Toliver lost to Abby. That is all that matters, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4ever View Post
    Hell yeah. Congrats to Abby for one final strong collegiate performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4ever View Post
    By the way, Abby made it to the semifinals. She and Heather Ezell scored 14 and Briann January scored 15 to beat them both out. The last person, Melissa Liebschwager, apparently dominated the competition and won in the finals (she did lead the nation in 3 pt %).

"The last person, Melissa Liebschwager, apparently dominated the competition and won in the finals (she did lead the nation in 3 pt %)."

- look at my user name... if a Duke girl coudn't do it at least a good academic school had the winner! (she is from Furman... F U baby!)