cable television

My father's office is a stand alone building that is not wired for cable tv. My father now wants to get a TV for his staff to watch on breaks etc. Does he have any option other than a dish? He has high speed internet - is there a way to run cable tv through that connection?
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    My father's office is a stand alone building that is not wired for cable tv. My father now wants to get a TV for his staff to watch on breaks etc. Does he have any option other than a dish? He has high speed internet - is there a way to run cable tv through that connection?
    If he doesn't mind setting up a SlingBox at his house (or anywhere with both cable service AND fast Internet service), this could work. It basically feeds the audio/video signal from a cable box directly to your computer (which he would have to hook up to a TV I guess), but it lets you change channels and everything you'd expect to do. Not sure if this is within his (or someone in the office)'s technical expertise though. What's wrong with dish? I use cable and the only thing preventing me from switching is they just gave me a (temporary) discount for using their Internet, too

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    Is the high speed internet provided by a telecommunications provider (like verizon or other phone company) or is it coming from a Cable TV provider. Either way, if you a computer with Windows Media Center (WMC), Vista (comes with WMC) and if you have a computer with digital tuner then coax will plug into that and then into your computer WMC and you should see TV signals coming through your WMC for free if they are there!

Good luck!

check to see if he can get Uverse from ATT over the phone line...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    check to see if he can get Uverse from ATT over the phone line...
    If AT&T is the local telco, this is a good option.

What part of the country are we talking about?

thanks for all the suggestions - we are looking at the Northern suburbs of Atlanta
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.