Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What's up with Grant's fade in this game? I don't remember this hair! Also, who was the Kansas coach? I wasn't as into it as I am now...is that Roy Williams, without gray hair?? Last question...who were teh Duke assistant coaches hugging Coach K?

Roy Williams was the head coach of KU before he bolted for UNC after a loss at a championship game, not the 1992 one though.

Honestly, I think Nolan's dunk at the start of the year over two guys was a real highlight dunk of the year... and it isn't getting enough love!

going back a little further

Phil Henderson over Alonzo Mourning in 1989 is one i remember most because Mourning was a freshman and there was so much hype around him and phil just dunked it on him. it was a crazy moment, the Chronicle even had a cartoon about it the next day. any body else remember that one?

Phil Henderson's Dunk

Quote Originally Posted by dgoore97 View Post
    Phil Henderson over Alonzo Mourning in 1989 is one i remember most because Mourning was a freshman and there was so much hype around him and phil just dunked it on him. it was a crazy moment, the Chronicle even had a cartoon about it the next day. any body else remember that one?

You're right....one of the best ever.

Here you go. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbIxF...layer_embedded

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Tinker Bell

You young guys will not remember this one, but back in the day Gene Banks had a very nasty dunk over the great Ralph Sampson from Virginia. Sorry, I do not have a link, maybe someone else does.

One of the great dunks in Duke history...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke4life92 View Post
    Anyone remember the grant hill dunk in the 94 ncaa tourney(i think)over that 7 footer from marquette(or was it purdue?).He nearly jumped over the guy straddling him as he finished the dunk-one of the more awesome dunks i've ever seen
    I remember this like it was yesterday. I remember him barking at the guy after the play. It ended up on One Shining Moment that year, along with his nasty spill in the title game. This is definitely one of my favorite Grant Hill dunks.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Re: Dawkins' dunk over Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by Orange&BlackSheep View Post
    You have to see it to believe the athleticism ...
    Lots of folks get this wrong. JD didn't dunk on The Admiral - it was another Navy big man, and a white one, IIRC. Evans knows, if he reads this - he's posted about the details before.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Lots of folks get this wrong. JD didn't dunk on The Admiral - it was another Navy big man, and a white one, IIRC. Evans knows, if he reads this - he's posted about the details before.
    There were two big plays Dawkins made in that Regional final against Navy. Right before the half he had a reverse dunk over Kyler Whittaker I believe. It was pretty nasty!

In the 2nd half with Duke pulling away Amaker threw a lob to Dawkins after he got behind the defense that he laid in. Robinson was in the vicinity but he did not make a play on the ball.