Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Gerald Henderson Draft Status -- Pre-Announcement thread

I think after his performance against Villanova he should come back and correct last season by winning a Championship in 2010.

We need you G-Man Jr

UHHH

Yea, I say he does, not like he is hurting for money and he might not be a lottery pick quite yet, next year if he continues to improve he will be...

Singler is coming back so thats good

Wonder how fast this thread is going to be locked

Airforcedukie

Quote Originally Posted by Franzez View Post
    I think after his performance against Villanova he should come back and correct last season by winning a Championship in 2010.

We need you G-Man Jr
    On the DBR Main page there was a link to a WRAL report that said that Henderson has not made up his mind yet and that Singler will be back.

I too want Gerald back badly, but this year's draft class is supposedly a very weak one which might effect his decision.

If I were G, I'd declare, sign no agent, see where I stand in the draft, talk to Coach K, talk to dad, shun the NBA, come back to Duke, lead Duke to NCAA Championship, get jersey retired.
    ~rthomas

Nbadraft.net and Draft express both have G going top ten. His reluctance to answer signals most likely that G is gone. The real victim here is K.

Quote Originally Posted by drksuh View Post
    Nbadraft.net and Draft express both have G going top ten. His reluctance to answer signals most likely that G is gone. The real victim here is K.
    I don't buy that logic.

I believe it's pointless to get your hopes up here. He's gone folks, might as well face up to it. Gerald is most likely a lottery pick despite last night's performance. It's very difficult to turn that down. Even as a mid 1st round pick I'd say he's a sure bet to enter the draft. He's had a brilliant career here at Duke and a great guy to have as a part of Duke's program. I'm happy he was here. I hope now he finishes up his degree or at least makes plans to finish. Now it's time to move on.

By that logic, Hansbrough et al would have been gone last year. I suspect that Henderson will take his time and gather as much information as he can and will make an informed decision. I take his "I don't know yet" to be a sign that he just doesn't know yet. Unless you're dead-set one way or the other, it doesn't make sense to declare it at that point.

I'm not willing to speculate as to whether he goes. I certainly have my opinion on it, but it's obviously completely uninformed (as will be everyone's opinion on this board who is not named Gerald Henderson). All I can say is that, for selfish reasons, I hope the lure of competing for a Final Four spot and maybe a championship draws him back for one more go at it.

I'm certainly not in G's position (never have been, never will be) but I can't imagine walking away from college basketball like this. It is one thing if Duke had lost a close game and he had played at least average. But he was 1-14, and nonexistent for long stretches of the game. That is not how a possible lottery pick is supposed to play. I don't think that my ego could allow me to end my career that way.

That being said, I agree with the previous post that silence is not a good sign.

The real victim here is K.
    say what? Did you barf on your keyboard?

Singler is back

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/duke/story/4824547/

Singler is back...Hendo waiting

I'm trying my best not to worry about it. Maybe GH's family situation is such that NBA money isn't the factor it can be for other players, but even if that's true, so what? That's GH's family, and the fact of the matter is that Gerald has a decision to make that will dramatically influence his own lifestyle and finances. And in this particular case, considering Gerald will get advice from both K and his father (who knows the league pretty well), I've got to think GH's decision will be informed and prudent.

My gut says he's not coming back. I generally assume our guys are leaving until they officially announce a decision to stay.

For G, the season where he focused on TEAM is over. Now, it is time to focus on the best decision for himself. One bad game will not leave such a bad taste that it makes him desire to return. And comparing him to Hansboring, G is slated to be top ten in the draft, a position that Hansboring will never be projected to achieve. Folks, the writing is on the wall; G is gone. And next season will be tough.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Weak draft and Hendo's stock has shot up the charts. Granted he just had a bad game but Nova really went after him.

If he is lottery, he is gone and should go. And I think he will be lottery.

Tough?

For G, the season where he focused on TEAM is over. Now, it is time to focus on the best decision for himself. One bad game will not leave such a bad taste that it makes him desire to return. And comparing him to Hansboring, G is slated to be top ten in the draft, a position that Hansboring will never be projected to achieve. Folks, the writing is on the wall; G is gone. And next season will be tough.
    Hopefully you aren't suggesting that losing G alone would make next season tough we still would have a solid lineup coming back that would have Kyle and Jon in it. Also a few other guys a year older and better I am optomisic either way.

Airforcedukie

Quote Originally Posted by yancem View Post
    I'm certainly not in G's position (never have been, never will be) but I can't imagine walking away from college basketball like this. It is one thing if Duke had lost a close game and he had played at least average. But he was 1-14, and nonexistent for long stretches of the game. That is not how a possible lottery pick is supposed to play. I don't think that my ego could allow me to end my career that way.

That being said, I agree with the previous post that silence is not a good sign.
    I agree with yancem. I can't imagine going out like that, but he'll probably talk to a lot of folks before making a decision so who knows.

Either way it was great having him on the team and he will always be a Dukie in my mind, just as Brand, JWill, Boozer. I very much hope that if he leaves he will finish his degree.
    The Gordog

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Will next season be tough in the ACC? Who do you pick as the team that rises past Duke? It is going to be a down year in the ACC. Duke, UNC, and Clemson will all be right there.

A lot may depend upon which underclassmen go. A guy like Evans from Memphis would go ahead of Henderson, thanks to his ability to handle the ball. The same holds true for DeMar DeRozan. Note that Chris Ford doesn't have Henderson in his top-10, and that top-10 doesn't include Evans. A lot can happen in the next month or two to change his status.

If G decides to leave, I'll be the first to thank him for some wonderful memories and wish him the best in the NBA.

If he decides to come back, I'll faint and pinch myself, then scream with glee.

But I'm betting on the former.

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    If G decides to leave, I'll be the first to thank him for some wonderful memories and wish him the best in the NBA.

If he decides to come back, I'll faint and pinch myself, then scream with glee.

But I'm betting on the former.
    I agree..No one should fault him or be surprised if he leaves despite the game yesterday. He has the potential to be a great pro..
    If we were to lose only one of GH or KS, Duke is better off losing G. Henderson may be a better player at this point but losing KS would make us even more one dimensional.
    I hope we don't lose either..