Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Singler Draft status

I hate to bring this up on the day of a big game, but this piece has a few comforting facts and quotes regarding Singler sticking around to develop more at Duke. So, for those who are worried... here you go.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...e=marchmadness

Also interesting: Singler is taking Plumlee under his wing a bit

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I hate to bring this up on the day of a big game, but this piece has a few comforting facts and quotes regarding Singler sticking around to develop more at Duke. So, for those who are worried... here you go.

Ahhhhhhh...deep breath. Thank you BlueintheFace! Let's get it done tonight boys!

If you really hate bringing this up...

Why do it!? We are on the eve of our first Sweet Sixteen game in a while. Let's savor it and enjoy~! We can worry about the rest once we finish the tournament.

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DukeDevilDeb

Don't you just love Kyle's attitude and mindset? It's great to hear someone in college say those types of things if they play for Duke or not. I think a lot of college players would have and still could benefit from that type of attitude.

Is it wishful thinking to hope he has this same outlook this time next year?
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

That is great news and welcome to hear at any time. I've said it before, but I really think Kyle is our Ty Lawson. He's the guy we can't replace. He does so many things so well and really no one can come close to filling his role on this team. Maybe next year we will get guys that can try to fill his role, but it will be very nice to have them learn under Kyle instead of being thrown to the wolves from day 1 (though w/ Kyle it seems he played more the part of the wolf from the start).

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDevilDeb View Post
    Why do it!? We are on the eve of our first Sweet Sixteen game in a while. Let's savor it and enjoy~! We can worry about the rest once we finish the tournament.

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Because;

1) It came out today

2) It is relevant to the board

3) It is positive news rather than negative news

4) It is literally straight off of ESPN's March Madness blog

And...

Because;

1) It came out today

5) You knew we'd want to read it.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    5) You knew we'd want to read it.

Thanks!
    6) When Kyle is giving Villanova fits tonight, we'll smile just a little bigger as we remember how lucky we are to have a kid like him at Duke.

I haven't seen Duke play as much as you guys have, so your opinions will carry more weight than mine. But, from what I have seen of Singler, he could benefit greatly from another year (not sure he'll need that last one though).

He has been more assertive and it seems as if he's becoming more of a leader for Duke. And, most importantly, it seems like the light went on for him...and stayed on. Some guys show flashes, like the switch has finally been flipped. But then the ability seems to disappear, as if someone decided to sneak by during the night and turn it off again. What I have seen from Singler lately is a kid who is learning how to play his game and how to translate that into the flow of what Duke does.

If he comes back for another year of seasoning and shows he can bring his A game every night, he'll be ready for the league and should drastically improve his stock.

In a way, he kind of reminds me of D.Brown with Xavier. He's another kid that brings some great talents to the table but is still learning how to fully utilize those tools.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    6) When Kyle is giving Villanova fits tonight, we'll smile just a little bigger as we remember how lucky we are to have a kid like him at Duke.
    7. Who cares about the timing? It's not like we're playing in the game and this is going to be a huge distraction. It certainly isn't going to adversely effect the way I'm cheering for Duke tonight. If anything it makes me that much more excited to know that Kyle is possibly staying another year!

Read the post this morning when I woke up...like White Fish and Bagels, hmmm... good way to start the day!

Because;

1) It came out today

Bingo.

Thanks for the link. I wish people would be more open to discussing things like this. If it's not distracting the players, I see no harm in bringing up NBA discussions. Doing so doesn't mean we aren't focusing on the game. A lot of us are Duke students or alums--we're smart enough to multitask .

Not to poo poo the sentiment, but things are ALWAYS different after the season is over and players' focus is no longer on practice every day and the next upcoming game.

I'm not counting on anything either way at this point.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    This is really great to see. I loved the line about not wanting anything in his life to be based on potential. Very refreshing in this age where the only thing that matters to alot of kids is to simply take the money and run as soon as possible.

I love Gerald Henderson and his game, and I love all of our players, but Kyle Singler is the most complete basketball player to play at Duke since Shane Battier. He is just so good in so many facets of the game. If you have a chance once the season ends go back and watch the first two games of the ACC tournament from this year and focus only on Kyle. He played amazing. And I think we have only seen a glimpse of what's to come. Just a special player with a great basketball mind.

Good news

Thanks for the link/info. Good to hear this just b4 our bigt game coming in a few mins. I like that Kyle knows he has room to improve and wants to be ready when he leaves. It was good to hear that he gives Coach K for helping him get to where he needs to be. That should be good for our potential recruits to hear. Now let's take out Nova. Go Duke!

Kyle Singler

The News and Observer reported Singler as undecided on decision to enter draft. I had not heard that, has anyone else seen or heard from any differnent sources?

Until he announces one way or another, he will be listed as undecided. I don't see him going to the draft, but he hasn't technically announced he's coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Until he announces one way or another, he will be listed as undecided. I don't see him going to the draft, but he hasn't technically announced he's coming back.
    Technically, Singler has announced he's coming back. He said so in the final post-game press conference. Of course, stated decisions to say can be reversed. So even when you say you're staying, people will often doubt it right up until the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Technically, Singler has announced he's coming back. He said so in the final post-game press conference. Of course, stated decisions to say can be reversed. So even when you say you're staying, people will often doubt it right up until the deadline.
    Typical N&O reporting, they list Ed Davis as saying he will stay. I think they just didn't bother acknowleding Singler's statement either due to ignorance or the lust for the Heels. Today's paper includes the 6th straight day of long praise articles on the Heels success.

We all assumed that he was coming back based on his post tournament statement. If by some chance both he and Henderson do leave, Duke basketball will be in serious trouble next year.