Thread: Why so late?

Why so late?

It occurred to me that any time there is an option Duke is always assigned the latest possible playing time. Then i saw this article today i thought i would share for anyone else thinking the same thing:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/f...y/1458573.html

it explains the reasoning, but doesn't address the fairness issue. that said, i know we will overcome..

go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by dgoore97 View Post
    It occurred to me that any time there is an option Duke is always assigned the latest possible playing time. Then i saw this article today i thought i would share for anyone else thinking the same thing:

it explains the reasoning, but doesn't address the fairness issue. that said, i know we will overcome..

go Duke!
    My favorite line:
    "So the first thing Aresco did when he saw Duke and North Carolina advance is to place both teams into the latest possible time slot for the Sweet 16 games. Then he put everyone else into place."

Related trivia question: What was the most recent Final Four in which Duke played in the first game?

six BEEEL-YON DAHLAS...

$$$$

I'm not the least bit surprised. When my daughter complained that she had to go out to Greensboro and stay until the ten o'clock game, I told her that it sure stinks, but added something to the effect that, "When people in LA get home after fighting traffic and turn on the seven o'clock game, do you think they want to see Duke or Wake Forest?" I guess I was right.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Related trivia question: What was the most recent Final Four in which Duke played in the first game?
    Is it 1990?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

To everyone on the East Coast: thank you for staying up late so that we can watch the game.

Sincerely,
    West Coast Devils

My favorite line: “Duke has legions of admirers...The Blue Devils have a lot of fans in New York, for instance. They also have a lot of people everywhere who want to see them lose.”

It just seems so ironic that it's said so definitively.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Is it 1990?
    1990 is correct. We also had the first game in 1989 and 1988.

I don't mind the late tip that much. It adds to the excitement as you realize this is no ordinary game, time and all.

Quote Originally Posted by dgoore97 View Post

go Duke!
    Hey thanks for sharing this article! I've been thinking the same question and actually asked the question yesterday when talking to "my" favorite Duke alumni/fan. Not sure I agree that top ratings will occur between 10pm-12am, but interesting read and guess that is why I'm not in the TV ratings business!