Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck

Good Luck

Just wanted to stop by and say good luck against Nova.

Many Xavier fans visit other team sites and it's the consensus on the Xavier board that Duke fans are

- the most knowledgable
    - the most courteous
    - the most intelligent
    - the most well spoken

Once again good luck.

Thanks for the kind words, and don't be a stranger.

It's just one guy, but I thoroughly enjoyed my interaction with the Xavier fans in the Atlanta regional in '04. It would have been much more enjoyable for Duke's victory to have come at the expense of Texas fans rather than your fantastic group.

Quote Originally Posted by MADXSTER View Post

Many Xavier fans visit other team sites and it's the consensus on the Xavier board that Duke fans are

- the most knowledgable
    - the most courteous
    - the most intelligent
    - the most well spoken

Once again good luck.
    Thank you and welcome back anytime.

4. Always great to have fans of other programs visit the board. Like calltheobvious, I've had almost uniformly good experiences with Xavier fans and tend to cheer for the team unless they're playing Duke. Good luck in your own game, I hope we can bump into each other in the tournament. Either way, I hope you won't be a stranger on the boards. It's great to have other (thoughtful, good-humored) perspectives on basketball and on the OT and Public Policy boards.

I really enjoyed the Xavier fans in how they support their team this year in the Meadowlands and last year in DC. They always have been a classy group and I'm glad to have a Xavier fan on our side Thursday night.

Best of luck to Xavier.

It's been my experience, from both living in Cincinnati and visiting Xavier-oriented sites, that the Musketeers and many of their fans aren't too shabby either. Right now I'd rank their cross-town rivalry with the Bearcats the 2nd most intense in the nation, slightly ahead of Kentucky-Louisville.

Thank you, and come again. Even if Duke and Xavier meet in the regional final.

- the most knowledgable
    - the most courteous
    - the most intelligent
    - the most well spoken

Once again good luck.
    What a classy post! I may have found a 2nd favorite Sweet 16 team.

Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    It's just one guy, but I thoroughly enjoyed my interaction with the Xavier fans in the Atlanta regional in '04.
    I was in the student section for those games. I remember that the Duke fans, as a whole, were cheering for Xavier during that first game against Texas. We did the "X" with our arms and everything. And then the Xavier fans were very anti-Duke when we faced Illinois. Oh, well... comes with territory, I suppose.

I agree that the post was very classy and I certainly wish the Musketeers the best against Pitt. I love the genuine discourse with other schools' fans on this site. It is part of what makes the DBR great.
    Last edited by juise; 03-24-2009 at 08:31 PM.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

- the most knowledgable
    - the most courteous
    - the most intelligent
    - the most well spoken

Once again good luck.
    Thanks and good luck to Xavier as well! I have enjoyed watching them in past NCAA tourney's and I do pull for you guys when you are not playing Duke or one of our ACC teams. Except of course for unc. Please feel free to beat them down any time you wish!

Sean Miller has done an excellent job with the program and I hope to see it continue. It is good for NCAA basketball.

Best of luck in your game against Pitt!

Glad you joined the conversation. Taking just a few moments away from our 'Nova-concentration is probably acceptable and healthy. I definitely remember several very well-informed X-perts providing the detailed scoop on X before our Dec. game.

Everybody here, excepting the several UNC posters who join us, obviously hopes the Devils win it all. That means, equally obviously, we intend our guys to whip 'Nova, then X or Pitt. As for me, should this not, somehow and quite inexplicably and utterly-heartbreakingly, be our year, I'll look for X to play Missouri for NC.

We both got our work cut out for us, and soon.

Hey, folks, I'm back too.

I was the guy who posted on the Xavier Board, and was quoted here, that Duke was the example that Xavier aspired to be, not just in basketball, but in many respects. We're not there yet, but getting closer. We're not going away, but keep moving forward step, by step.

I'll be in Boston and at the games, just like I was in Atlanta. I'll be cheering for Duke in the second game. Sorry, but it'll be a different story when we play you guys again on Saturday.

Good luck against Villanova

You are just and fair, Madxster! Is your screen name pronounceable?

I'd love to see Xavier make a Final Four some time. Some other year, of course. It's Gonzaga's turn this year.

MAD-X-TER

This year was and is actually considered a down year. We lost three seniors starters from the NCAA last year and picked up 7 new faces this year. 2 of those are sitting out this year. One is Jordan Crawford who started at PG for Indiana last year.

Next year we have everyone back except for 2 guys who really both played the 3 position last year in CJ Anderson and BJ Raymond. BJ moved to the 2 position this year. Crawford will take that position next year and is already considered the best player on the team. Our present PG Jackson will move to the 3 next year.

We should have very good ball handlers at the 1, 2, and 3 with loads of experience down low.

This year is simply icing on the cake that no one really expected. Except for Miller.

Thanks

Thanks for the support. I don't have any personal experience with Xavier fans, but you make a good first impression. I'll be pulling for y'all against Pitt, good luck, and I think your team has a definite chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    I was in the student section for those games. I remember that the Duke fans, as a whole, were cheering for Xavier during that first game against Texas. We did the "X" with our arms and everything. And then the Xavier fans were very anti-Duke when we faced Illinois. Oh, well... comes with territory, I suppose.
    But at least the Xavier fans were nice enough to not throw full beer cans at us from 10th story hotel balconies. Though I guess their team hadn't lost at that point...

Quote Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
    But at least the Xavier fans were nice enough to not throw full beer cans at us from 10th story hotel balconies. Though I guess their team hadn't lost at that point...
    You've got to be kidding me. I'm not sure I really want to know what school those yahoos would be supporting.

You've got to be kidding me. I'm not sure I really want to know what school those yahoos would be supporting.
    Well, it was either Illinois or Texas - I think the former, but I can't remember. But yeah, if it had landed about 18 inches closer one of us would have been in the hospital or dead - the can completely shattered on impact.

Quote Originally Posted by juise View Post
    We did the "X" with our arms and everything. And then the Xavier fans were very anti-Duke when we faced Illinois. Oh, well... comes with territory, I suppose.
    Juise, you guys, as well as teams like UNC, Kentucky, UCLA, etc., have been viewed much like the Lakers and Celtics were when they owned the NBA. You have been the teams to hate. And, honestly, that hatred stems from jealousy. I can admit that I have cheered against Duke, despite being a longtime fan of the ACC, and it stems from the fact that they have been in a place where I would love to see Xavier. It's that simple.

That being said, I have always had tremendous respect for your program. Coach K does it the right way, genuinely cares about his players and the school, the entire institution carries itself with class (players, fans, etc.), and the support the team gets at home is at the top of the list. Duke has the total package.

Over the years, Xavier has been lucky enough to keep improving its status and it has recently been living in your neighborhood. And X isn't satisfied with that so it's looking to get a place on your street. So that hatred I once had for the Blue Devils has slowly been fading. Childish? Immature? Silly? Yeah, it is. I've never really been one to be envious of what someone else has...except when it comes to Xavier. It's a great university and a great family. It deserves the success it is currently enjoying and I can now admit that Duke has deserved everything it has enjoyed over the years.

Know that, when the second game starts tonight, Duke will have yet another fan parked in front of his TV in Ohio and wearing blue (ok, because I'll probably still be wearing blue from the X game, but hey...). And, as long as the Blue Devils continue to do it the right way, I'll be pulling for them when they aren't playing X (or GaTech, my 2nd favorite team).

Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    I was the guy who posted on the Xavier Board, and was quoted here, that Duke was the example that Xavier aspired to be, not just in basketball, but in many respects. We're not there yet, but getting closer. We're not going away, but keep moving forward step, by step.
    I made the mistake of reading the Xavier board (including your posts). Man did you get ripped for your opinions about X and Duke, almost as much as Duke did. Between the anit-Duke pictures in one forum and some of the posts in response to MasterOR, I ended up wishing I didn't visit their board at all. Note, that's not a generic statement about their board, I just didn't like a lot of the comments about Duke. I will say, however, that I enjoyed the posts from the X-men that came here and discussed the game and it's nice to see some of you guys back. Good luck against Pitt tonight.