Any students going to Boston?

Just curious how many students are making their way up to Boston??? I really want to go, but am not sure how I am going to swing it with school!

Follow the Duke tradition and follow the 1960-61 student student body's "We want a day!" riot. It was aimed at getting an extra day off from school so the students could go to the Cotton Bowl -- you know, just a day's drive between Dallas and Durham.

(Oh, but don't forget -- the administration didn't grant it.)

In the 80's the University Provided a Bus to the sites

Hi,

For example one could go on a bus to Dallas (if one had tickets through the lottery). I would expect the administration to at least do that.

Just remember: Everywhere I've been and everywhere I go, people stop and ask, "Where are you from?" I always answer I'm from Duke, might, mighty Duke!

GO DUKE!!!

in the same boat

im thinking about it, but also not sure if i can make it work with school.

Having been in your shoes(students) when we make it to the Final Four this year, Go!!!!!! School be da@#ed. Go!

Yeah, I hear you on the frustration. Was all set to go, then got assigned to present my Master's Project on Friday. Almost worth paying $160 in case they play Saturday, but only almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    Follow the Duke tradition and follow the 1960-61 student student body's "We want a day!" riot. It was aimed at getting an extra day off from school so the students could go to the Cotton Bowl -- you know, just a day's drive between Dallas and Durham.

(Oh, but don't forget -- the administration didn't grant it.)
    Were you there for the march on the Hart House? I'd love to hear that story from the students' side...

-jk

Lottery

The lottery is today, so you should know how many are going to Boston by tomorrow. I believe 225 Crazies went to Greensboro, so I imagine the number will be lower than that.

As an added bennie, all the people who went to the first round got a group email from Coach K. Not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Were you there for the march on the Hart House? I'd love to hear that story from the students' side...

-jk
    I was there, but as a freshman who didn't understand much, I was on the fringe letting the upperclassmen deal with it. I had come to the house through the field in back, from the then intramural fields, and was late to the party. It was mostly noise and didn't last all that long. There are undoubtedly better witnesses than I. Maybe Sage had a better view. Heck, Julio probably knows more due to family lore than most people.

Calling it a riot is a vast overstatement. There were a lot of people there, and while the chanting was loud, the crowd was pretty respectful. In general, people liked Dr. Hart. I have a really vague recollection that some minor landscape damage occurred, but not intentionally. Maybe a gate or something like that. We were pleading, not demanding.

I heard there were around 20-25 students who entered the lottery around 2 today, so it might be slightly higher than that.

I know some students are having difficulty coming up with funds for a flight and contemplating the 12 hour drive...I guess the athletic department isn't getting a bus for them. sooo, if there are any alumni who have $240 to sponsor a student's flight, I'm sure it would be welcomed I am a poor grad student in Alabama, and can't take more time off school to make it to Boston, but having as many undergrads there as possible would help the team!