Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Let's Go baby. Get this done tonight. G take over. Jon hit the 3. Kyle bully Cunningham. Nolan get steals. Elliott get to the whole and help out Nolan. Lance and Dave bully Cunningham. Zoubs alter shots and be physical. Greg be clutch baby we know your going to do something special.

Guys, seize the opportunity tonight. This is a great time to shine and make a name for yourselves. Let's let the world know Duke never left!

G, break Jay Wright's heart one more time!

Folks, enjoy this tonight. It's great to be playing March 26th.

Quote Originally Posted by HCheek37 View Post
    leaving now for TD Banknorth...gotta pick up tickets, watch Pitt and Xavier play a tough game that hopefully takes the wind out of both teams

and

then calm my nerves enough to cheer as loud as possible for the Blue Devils!

LETS GO DUKE!

(be loud Duke fans!)
    Have fun tonight. I have put my Singler black alternate jersey on and am ready to go!

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    Bob, you have a slingbox?

And man, you gotta take off work for March Madness, been doing it for years!
    No slingbox required as I have 24/7 access to American Forces Network. Unfortunately, I can't take off work in March as my work is driven by ship's maintenance schedules rather than college basketball schedules.
    Bob Green

Side note: Bob Donato's crew is officiating tonight's ball game.

Another official tonight is Joe Lindsey. To my knowledge we haven't had either this year. Both officials I named are Philly guys.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    Another official tonight is Joe Lindsey. To my knowledge we haven't had either this year. Both officials I named are Philly guys.
    Dan Patrick Show hour 1 today already planted the seed that Duke only wins if Villanova isn't allowed to "play their style" (i.e., foul without being called for fouling). A Duke-hating caller from the west coast chimed in, citing the "refs protection of Duke" as the #1 source of resentment.

Sorry, but no. But what it leads to is this double standard, that you should be able to commit fouls without being called, if the opponent is Duke.

Sad but true, thoughtful fans are well outnumbered by the sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Dan Patrick Show hour 1 today already planted the seed that Duke only wins if Villanova isn't allowed to "play their style" (i.e., foul without being called for fouling). A Duke-hating caller from the west coast chimed in, citing the "refs protection of Duke" as the #1 source of resentment.

Sorry, but no. But what it leads to is this double standard, that you should be able to commit fouls without being called, if the opponent is Duke.

Sad but true, thoughtful fans are well outnumbered by the sheep.
    I read JT the Brick the riot act last night on Fox Sports Radio. I had to do it and defend Duke for the second week in a row on the radio.

This game can't come soon enough. I'm starting to feel it. It's the same kind of feeling you get when you're on your way to pick up your first prom date.

Neeeeerrrrrrvous.

Whew. Bring it one more weekend, boys, and we're at The Show. Nova first, though.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Found a site that showed Donanto officiated 3 Duke and Villanova games this year but he works predominantly in the Big East. Appears to like the Huskies a lot but there is no discernable difference in his Duke and Villanova game stats.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/referees/bob-donato/teams

I'm in the Garden now! Good Duke support in here. The Xavier fans are much better than the Pitt fans. I'm not impressed by Pitt at all, Xavier could be up by 15 if they had made open shots. More posts hopefully during the Duke game!

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    I'm in the Garden now! Good Duke support in here. The Xavier fans are much better than the Pitt fans. I'm not impressed by Pitt at all, Xavier could be up by 15 if they had made open shots. More posts hopefully during the Duke game!
    Look forward to onsite reports. Make a lot of noise.

Here's to hoping the Big East goes 0 for 3 tonight. Wouldn't that be great!!

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Be Tough Be Smart Be Confident

BELIEVE!

Time to man up and get it done. Our boys need to be strong with the basketball, play team defense without fouling, and grab that basketball after every stop on D. Make a statement on defense and let Nova know that points will not come easy.

On offense, motion, motion, motion. Set good screens (no cheap fouls on bigs with illegal screens) move the ball around the horn inside and out and take good shots. Attack that basket initiating the contact rather than trying to avoid it. Finish strong at the rack. Make Nova chase all night and break their hearts with dagger 3's and back door cuts.

Walk onto that floor tonight with swagger, not arrogance, but a belief in yourself and your teammates. Shoot the ball knowing it is going in rather than hoping it goes in.

Out hustle the opponent, out think them, out rebound them. Tonight is another night to do something special on the biggest stage of them all. Take advantage of the opportunity and make it your night!

Play "Duke Basketball"

Go get'em boys, we got your backs and we believe in you!

LET'S GO DUKE!!!!

You can find live tempo-based stats on our site here...

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=3372

I'm pretty nervous about this matchup. I'd much rather be playing a team that relies on size than a team that relies on quickness. Not only are they quick, they're very tough and physical - a combination our guys haven't seen much of this year. I just don't think this works favorably for us. I actually think we match up better against Pitt than Nova. So if we can somehow squeak by in this one, I feel we've got a terrific shot to take down Pitt for the Final 4.

Unfortunately I have Nova winning this one in my brackets (I pick with my head not my heart). I'll be pulling hard to be wrong about this game.

Side note: Bob Donato's crew is officiating tonight's ball game.
    Donato, Lindsay, and Rick Hartzell worked the Pitt-X game.

Just have a feeling

that whoever wins this game will defeat Pitt. I pray it's Duke. Go Duke!

Great, Karl Hess.

no goal tending call???

C`mon Nolan! 2 quick fouls hurts!