Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

The CBS sucks thread, 2009 edition

Post comments about cbs' sucky coverage here. As in: stuck with a lousy big 10 game because you live in the wrong part of the country, forced to watch end of a blowout instead of being switched to more exciting game, weird splitscreen or camera agnle prevents you from actually seeing anything, too damn many commercials, seth davis is a conceited jerk, and so on.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Thumbs down CBS

Count me in. Trying to find a TV schedule and coverage map is way too difficult.

Are they doing any games on MSNBC or their other affiliates? Didn't they do that last year or am I imagining that CBS actually went the extra mile?

I bought the DirecTV Mega March Madness package and I'm pumped! If anyone else has DirecTV and has been driven crazy by CBS coverage in years past, check this out: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=1100039

Worth every penny if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by nyr484 View Post
    I bought the DirecTV Mega March Madness package and I'm pumped! If anyone else has DirecTV and has been driven crazy by CBS coverage in years past, check this out: http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=1100039

I got Direct TV for this exact reason!!!

Instead though I have to go out of town all weekend for a wedding so it makes getting it pointless!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Blue Devil View Post
    I got Direct TV for this exact reason!!!

Instead though I have to go out of town all weekend for a wedding so it makes getting it pointless!
    Will you have internet access? If so, try mmod.ncaa.com as mentioned on the home page. Added benefit - you can watch Laettner's shot at the end of the UConn game and the KY game plus the end of the '91 UNLV semifinal.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Count me in. Trying to find a TV schedule and coverage map is way too difficult.

Are they doing any games on MSNBC or their other affiliates? Didn't they do that last year or am I imagining that CBS actually went the extra mile?
    MSNBC a CBS affiliate? I don't think so...No, you're just imagining that. CBS doesn't have any affiliates except for the CW (which is co-owned by Time Warner). Yeah, if games were on NBC, it could be like the Olympics with coverage on NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo, USA, and Universal...at least CBS puts the games online for free. Duke game not on by me. They should have more readily available coverage maps, though. I do like the broadcasting teams they put together in general.

I did it one year a few years ago and hated it. CBS still switched away all the time and multiple channels ended up showing the same game. this happened more than once. I swore I wouldn't waste the money again.

And DTV is a whole other story. For 2 march madnesses after that, DTV tried charging me for it again despite me not ordering it. DTV said that I had to call them up and not order it, otherwise they would just keeping feeding it to me every March. It took multiple irate phone calls for them to say that they would write a note on my acount saying that I didn't want it every year without ordering it. They were like, you still might want to check your account to make sure we don't bill you. I was like, you must be kidding. They weren't. I was like...head...wall...BEER!

CBS =

Crappy Broadcasting Station

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    MSNBC a CBS affiliate? I don't think so...No, you're just imagining that. CBS doesn't have any affiliates except for the CW (which is co-owned by Time Warner). Yeah, if games were on NBC, it could be like the Olympics with coverage on NBC, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo, USA, and Universal...at least CBS puts the games online for free. Duke game not on by me. They should have more readily available coverage maps, though. I do like the broadcasting teams they put together in general.
    Duh! I was thinking of the Olympics.

I watch CBS and I see BS.
    --Nas

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I recall a time when you were happy that they televised the final. I also recall the time when ESPN did all the early round games and I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch games.

The CBS coverage is a long way from perfect. For instance, we get the AU game tonight in DC area and I would like to watch other games. However, I will try not to complain about refs, TV game announcers and color men, the studio commentators and the coverage in general. It is not worth expending the energy.

gw67

Before I switched to DirecTV, I used to get every single game broadcast on Timer Warner in the Durham area. I'll really miss having that this year. After having that for free, I just can't bring myself to pay for the DTV package.

I'm at home watching the local CBS feed and watching alternate games streaming from CBS. EXCELLENT quality of online streaming. The only downside is that I can see the live scores scrolling across the top of the TV and the online stream of the other games is 30+ seconds behind.

I'll be getting the Duke games here in Durham, but if they were to cut away from the end, hopefully we can still pick it up on the online stream.

Anyone else in NC having significant audio and video issues with CBS-HD? DISH Network assures me the problem is with CBS and not DISH.

The video seems to be fine from DirecTV. I have been hearing occasional audio blips.

Get high speed internet access and watch all of the games for free on the web

Are you guys kidding me. CBS IS AMAZING. You can watch high quality video of every single game of the tournament online for FREE!!! The announcers are awesome with G-man, Bonner, and Johnson.

Can anyone point me to a coverage map?

Thanks!

Absolutely. I got it for the first time this year, and I am already pleased, three or four games in. You get every game and can watch whatever you choose in its entirety.

Seriously, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to figure out what game is being shown where? It should be easy to find...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Seriously, why is it IMPOSSIBLE to figure out what game is being shown where? It should be easy to find...
    I went straight to my local CBS station to find the schedule of what they were showing.