Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    Do you guys think Henderson's performance tonight will hurt his draft stock enough to come back? I doubt it, but it has to adversely affect it.
    do we really need to keep bringing up G and the draft. Has he declared and i missed it? The season isn't even officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by GoingFor#4 View Post
    Because we consistently don't have the athletes. It does not have to be a major change. Instead of taking a slow big project in Zoubek, take a tall, long project who is athletic. Also, take a breakdown point guard. Success for Duke is measured by national titles. Not that 30 wins and ACC championship isn't nice, but it's not what we play for and everyone knows that.
    Your problem is with recruiting. Fine. Don't slam the guys who are here and don't slam K. This team won 30 games and an ACC championship, then reached the sweet 16. When a team goes absolutely as far as its ability will allow it to reach, the last game usually does get away from them. What we are seeing tonight is the difference between the Elite (8) and the best of the rest.

K got everything he could out of this team and the guys got the most out of their abilities as well.

Classy fans chanting airball in a 21 point blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    You're acting as though the refs were the difference. They weren't. We didn't play with poise, we didn't play with focus. That's the difference. I know it's nice to try to find something else to complain about or defer blame, but the reality is that we just got completely outplayed. Complaining about the refs is a disservice to the performance by Villanova, and quite frankly sounds like the complaints people make when we win.
    This is completely, 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
    Guys...it was just a horrible shooting night. It happens. When Duke is knocking down their shots, they can play with almost any team in the country - obviously tonight wasn't one of those nights.
    but you can't rely on hitting 50% of your 3s. most nites against good teams, you're not gonna shoot that

Well at least Memphis lost, so now I'm only 99% sad.

The wrong guys got on the plane for Boston...who are these guys in the Duke Uni's? We have missed wide open shots and looked as tentative as I would expect them to play in the season opener. Unbelievably bad performance, but still a great season overall.

I just hope UNC doesn't win. I be a BIG OU fan now!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Scheyer has just looked soooooo tentative tonight. I really don't understand it. He's played so well of late, and tonight he's just seemed slow and tentative.
    It's just been stunning. Although he has had PG duties throughout his years at Duke, he has only recently exclusively become the PG - perhaps he just didn't know how to react? Not making excuses, just trying to come up with an explanation...

Quote Originally Posted by should_be_working View Post
    Got to feel for greg right now, not the way he wanted to end his career.
    How else would it end?

We had open shots in the first 10 minutes of the game but just didn't hit them. Better shooting early could have changed the complexion. But sometimes they don't fall and a good Nova team never let us back up.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    do we really need to keep bringing up G and the draft. Has he declared and i missed it? The season isn't even officially over.
    Are you serious? I'm not allowed to speculate about our most talented player and if he might be with the team next season?

Quote Originally Posted by LaettnerWannabe View Post
    "again, yes, a breakdown the D PG is what we need. haven't had once since j will"

Yes, that and a low post man
    yes sir. in today's game, though, think the PG is more important

Thanks fellas---tonight is disappoiniting but thank for the run---can't wait til next year!

Anyone want to start a Sports Psychologist fund? Just for the biggest games. Where can I send my money?

Please don't tell me we already have one; I don't want to hear that anymore.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Tough day tomorrow in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Mojo View Post
    Pull for the team that knocks you out....though they're making it hard to stick with that with taking the shots they have with their lead.
    Their benchwarmers are in. They have the right to try their best and hardest when they finally get a chance to play.

Whoever said this was getting close to UNLV territory needs a reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by LaettnerWannabe View Post
    This is getting close to UNLV territory
    Maybe we can get the same results next year. Go Duke...Good year guys. Thanks for the effort. 30 wins is a great year. Now let's build on it. Go Duke!

That was the ugliest performance I've seen from our guys in recent memory. Ouch. Ouch. Wish I could say something positive but I really saw nothing. There was a long period where I think we not only didn't score, but had a bad messup on both sides of the court every single play.

Days like this make me wish I drank.
    Duke '03
    Tent 1 '99/'00

disappointing

I can't believe anyone thinks that GH is ready for the NBA. Lots to learn, yet; and what has he accomplished at this level. Of course, that doesn't stop them from going anyway. WEll, if he goes, good luck to him.

see you next season