• Lance Thomas

2 1.04%
  • Elliot Williams

2 1.04%
  • Brian Zoubek

5 2.59%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gave it to Jon just for The Save

dont' see how the save scheyer made was puts him over as MOTM, it was awesome to look at but he technically saved it to the other team who unnecessarily pushed Elliot Williams despite having a better chance at retrieving the ball.

I voted Kyle because that tip-in was incredible and incredibly important, the play of the game in my eyes.

Voted for Jon for the save and the job he did chasing the perpetual motion of Arams. Abrams played well, but did not "go off," and that was key.

Can I vote fot his Ward guy from UT?
    He is a 3 ppg guy and probably the 9th or 10th name on the scouting report, and he killed Duke. It was good that Duke could weather the storm and handle a team that was getting a career game from an unknown commodity. That sort of thing is usually one of the ingredients of a March upset.

So many guys were deserving this game, but I had to go with G for the clutch rebound and hitting the two cold-blooded free throws at the end to ice it. Now THAT'S putting your foot on somebody's throat and crushing the life out of them. Too bad it took 39 minutes, 52 seconds to do it!

Jon... all the way

Had Jon not done such a remarkable job on Abrams, hit 3 huge three's, and been a very steadying force... we don't win the game. Lots of big plays... McClure, Henderson and his free throws, Zoubs with a great game... Lance doing what he does best... I loved it!

But Jon is the heart and soul of this team, and I voted for him tonight.

WE'RE GOING TO BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DukeDevilDeb

Scheyer's play was heady and instinctive. He is a clever player who is really effective.

And it was a low risk play - even if Texas got the ball back and didn't foul, the ball was well away from their basket.

Jon was our best player today, even before making the big save. He played excellent defense all game and was the stabilizer on offense.

I'd put Nolan at #2. He also played great defense and made some big shots for us, not to mention calmly sinking 2 FTs in the last minute after a clutch rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Lance played excellent D and had loads of energy when it counted. Lots of great play but I give it to LT.
    Hia two points were crucial too.

Quote Originally Posted by willowglen View Post
    Scheyer's play was heady and instinctive. He is a clever player who is really effective.

And it was a low risk play - even if Texas got the ball back and didn't foul, the ball was well away from their basket.
    And it wasted an extra second or two with as high and slow as it flew. Talk about a rainbow... Kyle could take lessons!

And Kyle DEFINITELY says "rainbow" on the free throws, as in the arc he wants on his shot. I'm a pretty decent lip reader, and I got rainbow. My mom watching in HD was a teacher of the deaf, specializing in teaching her students to speak and read lips, for over a decade. She says it's "rainbow". I'll take her word for it.

I voted for Jon for "the Save" but mostly for his D on Abrams and timely shooting from 3. Gerald had a lot of points and some big plays but he wasn't very efficient offensively and was the one who got burned by Ward on D most of the time

I voted for Singler. He was solid all game and Duke is completely different team with him on the floor. He also shot 50% from the floor, led the team in rebounds and even guarded Pittman some. Plus he made that huge play and tipped in the ball off a missed shot at the end. G didn't shoot so well only 33%, seemed to force up a few. Thomas and Zoubek combined for 10 rebounds and 7 points, pittman had 8 and 8, I'll take that. Great win! On to Boston, I hope Nantz and Kellog are elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I voted for Jon for "the Save" but mostly for his D on Abrams and timely shooting from 3. Gerald had a lot of points and some big plays but he wasn't very efficient offensively and was the one who got burned by Ward on D most of the time
    If you're gonna diss my man G , Scheyer had that play where Abrams "stole his cookies," when Jon was looking to the bench for instructions. That play helped spark the final Texas momentum. Nolan then compounded the issue on the next possession.

Scheyer played well overall and we got unique contributions from several of our role players, particularly McClure, Thomas, and Nolan Smith. Kyle once again brought so much to the proverbial table. It was a relief to overcome his loss in the closing moments.

In the end, I voted for our best player, Gerald Henderson.

Duke again spread out the metrics across several players and Texas only had two guys in top form.

Kyle Singler again led in metrics:

Rating Player-Pos
    75 A.J. Abrams, G
    74 Kyle Singler, F

66 Gerald Henderson, G-F
    63 Nolan Smith, G
    61 Damion James, G-F
    60 TOTALS-Duke
    60 Jon Scheyer, G

51 TOTALS-Texas
    48 Lance Thomas, F
    46 Varez Ward, G
    43 Dexter Pittman, C

37 Justin Mason, G
    36 Dogus Balbay, G

28 Gary Johnson, F
    28 Elliot Williams, G
    28 Brian Zoubek, C

08 Clint Chapman, F-C
    07 David McClure, F
    04 Connor Atchley, F-C
    02 Greg Paulus, G

I voted for Zoubek!

I think his defense in the first half caused trouble for Texas. He also rebounded well.

He's a long shot, I know, but he is key for us to continue to do well in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    Duke aqgain spread out the metrics across several players and Texas only had two guys in top form.

Kyle Singler again led in metrics:
    Thanks! Since I've seen your metrics stuff, I don't even read the box score anymore. I was wondering what Kyle's +/- was during the last 4 games. He's really becoming our silent assassin.

"The Save" sent me into hysteria.

Never before in a Duke game have I went this crazy.

Besides "The Save" Scheyer locked down Abrams and hit some huge shots. Sure he had costly turnover, but are we forgetting he is a natural 2 man?

Singler came in an incredibly close second, especially with that ridiculous tip in.

G made plays all game long.

Can I just vote for JonGeraldSingler?

I have seen Jon play better but the save gave us a ticket to the Sweet 16 Here we come BOSTON

I vote for TEAM.

Or maybe for Krzyzewski