Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Counting Chickens?

I read that article about who would the Heels fans root against, Duke or Rick Barnes? I couldn't help thinking, shouldn't they worry about beating LSU first? If there is another thread on this topic I couldn't find it, but please feel free to merge this if I missed something.

As long as we can manage rooting for Duke and also praying that Carolina won't win the title, I am sure that some UNC fans can multitask as well. After all, they aren't talking about the PLAYERS.

so what's the deal with unc fans and rick barnes? is it just the fact that he had interviewed at duke?

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    so what's the deal with unc fans and rick barnes? is it just the fact that he had interviewed at duke?
    When Rick Barnes was the Coach at Clemson he had the audacity to get in Dean Smith's face. Carolina fans will never forgive or forget Barnes' public confrontation with Smith.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    When Rick Barnes was the Coach at Clemson he had the audacity to get in Dean Smith's face. Carolina fans will never forgive or forget Barnes' public confrontation with Smith.
    I knew I liked Rick Barnes for a reason. I still hope his team goes down big today.

I've never been a fan of Barnes(at any school), but I gained respect for him when he refused to back down from Smith in the '95 tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I went to the Acc that year. When this took place. Dean Smith was talking to Clemson players (more than once) during the game. Barnes did get in Smith's face about his talking to them.I don't blame Barnes. I enjoyed the action. Can't stand Barnes. I don't respect Barnes. I have never liked his attitude. I respect Smith. He was a great coach but I am not a fan.

He is a Hickory, NC native. I hear there is great BBQ there. Used to be a furniture factory town til our manufacturing went to China and other cheap labor countries.

My daughter was there and she cheered for the 'holes in the 1st game (boo) and Duke in the 2nd game (yes!).