Red face It's time for the Family FEUUUUUUD

My brother, the law school grad from U of Louisville, and devoted follower of the cards, Tar Heels, and terps may be up here in Lexington on Thursday, the day of our game.

What should I do?

All suggestions that don't involve violence are appreciated.

How are you two related? Are you sure he's not adopted? LOL!

Offer him the guest room, but be sure to put the cat litter box under his bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    My brother, the law school grad from U of Louisville, and devoted follower of the cards, Tar Heels, and terps may be up here in Lexington on Thursday, the day of our game.

What should I do?

All suggestions that don't involve violence are appreciated.
    Easy. Wear your 2009 ACC Champions t-shirt and hat and give him directions to the nearest sports bar. And, after the games, have the tent set up for him in the back yard.

Beat the living (fill in the blank) out of him.

But you probably wouldn't appreciate that.

WHy does he like so many teams? Louisville makes sense but...the others?

I have 3 family members (brother, sister, cousin) all Villanova grads. The sweet 16 matchup could get interesting...

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    WHy does he like so many teams? Louisville makes sense but...the others?
    Cards: Law School. He is also a sponsor for his local radio station's coverage of the Cards.
    Terps: His stepson went there.
    Tar Heels: Beats me! I can't figure this out.

Remember... no violent suggestions.

Cat litter box suggestion: we have a dog, not a cat.

Hmm... where's the Worst 10 List of Ycch, Beer. Wasn't there a chili beer on the list?

KenTankerous: Where did you get the t-shirt?

Thanks and cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 03-15-2009 at 10:55 PM. Reason: his

Cards: Law School. He is also a sponsor for his local radio station's coverage of the Cards.

Hmm... where's the Worst 10 List of Ycch, Beer. Wasn't there a chili beer on the list?

Thanks and cheers,
    Lavabe
    Hmm, dog, crate, overnight accomodations?

Yes, it's Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer. Or you could have bud clamato chilled. With a lime slice.

I'm not KenTankerous, but I'm cantankerous

Thanks and cheers,
    Lavabe
    I ordered online from the Duke store. You can also track them down at the ACC Store if you follow the "Harry Truman" link from the first page and then click on Duke.

As an aside, I ordered a t-shirt as an anti-jinx. Duke won the '91 NCAA championship after I bought a Final Four t-shirt. I had passed in preceding years because I was saving for a championship shirt. Repeated the purchase in '92 and we all know how that turned out. Skipped in '94, bought one in 2001. I'm hoping that my purchase of an ACC Championship t-shirt will get us to the Final Four, at which point I'll buy a Final Four t-shirt.

With regard to your brother, I think you need to wear a gigantic fake cast on your toe and limp around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    I ordered online from the Duke store. You can also track them down at the ACC Store if you follow the "Harry Truman" link from the first page and then click on Duke.

As an aside, I ordered a t-shirt as an anti-jinx. Duke won the '91 NCAA championship after I bought a Final Four t-shirt. I had passed in preceding years because I was saving for a championship shirt. Repeated the purchase in '92 and we all know how that turned out. Skipped in '94, bought one in 2001. I'm hoping that my purchase of an ACC Championship t-shirt will get us to the Final Four, at which point I'll buy a Final Four t-shirt.
    I haven't ordered a Tshirt yet, but am curious about one of the designs at the Duke store. It has Duke 00 and UNC 00 on it. Is that just preliminary design and the actual will be Duke & FSU with the final score?

Lavabe, I like the suggestion of a sports bar and a tent. The fake cast on the toe is also a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    With regard to your brother, I think you need to wear a gigantic fake cast on your toe and limp around the house.
    Easily the best suggestion yet. Also, list yourself as questionable for the Duke game only to show up with a miraculous healing at game time.

Question Question

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    I have 3 family members (brother, sister, cousin) all Villanova grads. The sweet 16 matchup could get interesting...
    Are there any sorts of feud issues that are likely to develop?

How are other folks dealing with family feud issues this time of year?

My dad is Pitt '59.

He rooted for Duke in last year's Pitt/Duke game, and told me he will do so again if we meet in the regional final. So the answer to your second question is, convert them beforehand

Fortunately I don't think it will be that bad. I am the youngest and when my brother went to Villanova I sort of adopted them as my team (growing up we were all St. John's fans). To this day I still root for them to do well and have been a big fan of players like Kerry Kittles and the Allen Ray/Randy Foye team.

My brother and sister in kind took to rooting for Duke when I went there. Obviously not as strongly as they already had their alumi ties to Villanova well-established.

My cousin on the other hand is the sort who delights in other people's misery. He would root against your favorite team just so he could laugh at you when they lose. He probably takes more pleasure in seeing someone else's favorite team lose than seeing his own favorite team win. The year-long taunting if Villanova should beat Duke would be pretty painful. Thankfully we are all a bit older now but let's just say that previous taunting incidents have led to physical violence .

It will be most difficult on my mother, who gave way more of her money than she would have liked to both institutions. Deep down I think she is a bigger Duke fan. Of course I also think I am her favorite child so that may just be my own self-absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    Easily the best suggestion yet. Also, list yourself as questionable for the Duke game only to show up with a miraculous healing at game time.
    Thanks! I'm especially proud of the idea, especially now that Lawson is listed as questionable for the game tomorrow. I like your idea as well. The question is, Lavabe, is your brother clever enough to pick up on the whole, "I'm too sick to watch the game," "Oh, look; I feel fine and am ready to watch!" scenario?

My cousin on the other hand is the sort who delights in other people's misery. He would root against your favorite team just so he could laugh at you when they lose. He probably takes more pleasure in seeing someone else's favorite team lose than seeing his own favorite team win. The year-long taunting if Villanova should beat Duke would be pretty painful.
    My late father had a funny line that he used when my mother's sisters would start sniping at each other, "Relatives are the 'No Sale' key on the cash register of life." Seems like that might fit your cuz to a "t."

Yes, definitely not politically correct, but it does make people laugh sometimes...

My cousin on the other hand is the sort who delights in other people's misery. He would root against your favorite team just so he could laugh at you when they lose. He probably takes more pleasure in seeing someone else's favorite team lose than seeing his own favorite team win.
    What a miserable cuss he must be!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

My cousin on the other hand is the sort who delights in other people's misery. He would root against your favorite team just so he could laugh at you when they lose. He probably takes more pleasure in seeing someone else's favorite team lose than seeing his own favorite team win.
    Somebody didn't get enough hugs?