View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. Binghamton?

Voters
141. You may not vote on this poll
  • Olek Czyz

0 0%
  • Gerald Henderson

2 1.42%
  • David McClure

2 1.42%
  • Greg Paulus

2 1.42%
  • Miles Plumlee

0 0%
  • Martynas Pocius

2 1.42%
  • Jon Scheyer

28 19.86%
  • Kyle Singler

3 2.13%
  • Nolan Smith

26 18.44%
  • Lance Thomas

64 45.39%
  • Elliot Williams

12 8.51%
  • Brian Zoubek

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. Binghamton

Who was the Man of the Match vs. Binghamton?

Scoring was very balanced tonight. MOTM to Elliot for defensive pressure and effort.

Very hard to choose between Elliot and LT, had to go with Elliot though for those tough put backs. Nolan also had a good game. Can I vote for the whole team?

I voted for LT in part to make up for the negative things I posted about him the last two years. He is playing within himself, and taking advantage of opportunities presented. I can't criticize that.

I'm voting for Nolan. Less silly fouls, good vision on the court while handling the ball (a nice new wrinkle), and good shooting.

Lance for me. He had a matchup in his favor and he took advantage of it. I've talked at length about finishing plays, and Lance did that. Obviously, it was a team effort, but I was pleased with the way Lance played. Let's hope he keeps it going.

For the few minutes that I was able to watch the game, I would go with David McClure. I think I was able to see four possesions and he had a hand in three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    Scoring was very balanced tonight. MOTM to Elliot for defensive pressure and effort.
    I voted Elliot for his offense in the first half! He helped set the tone early.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Another aggressive effort by Nolan. I like what I'm seeing...

Good effort from Lance Elliot and Nolan. We will need it again Saturday.Kyle G and Jon will have to go in high gear next game.

I thought about Lance, but he had a very favorable matchup. I voted Scheyer, he ran the point very well today, knocked down some big 3's, and played good D. But actually I could have voted Nolan and it would have been equally merited. I've been very pleased with Nolan ever since he came back. He's playing like the guy we saw at the beginning of the season. I think he's really taken well to the change in our offense.

Lance, strong effort in a balanced attack. McClure is in on so many good plays on both ends it is amazing to watch him.

MOTM

I really had a hard time deciding on this one. 6 players were deserving, but Elliot, Nolan and Lance stood out in my mind. I voted for Elliot for the simple reason, he overcame a poor ACC tournament. Atleast it was poor on the offensive side. Elliot got into the flow early and made some really good plays. I look for him to have another good game against the Longhorns. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I'm voting for Nolan. Less silly fouls, good vision on the court while handling the ball (a nice new wrinkle), and good shooting.

I'm with you on this one. He played so much better than he's played for the last several weeks that this is pretty much a "most improved player" vote for me. I also could've voted for Lance. He's been so steady of late and had a very solid game against Binghamton.

I like the way the team is playing right now. They could make a very deep tournament run.

I went with Scheyer for his steadiness handling the ball against a helter-skelter kind of defensive effort from the Bearcats. Also, his ability to get to the line to quiet down Bing's late first half run was crucial. But the whole team deserves props.

Team win.

With six guys in double figures I'm not going to go with a single player. Good game guys.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I went with Scheyer for his steadiness handling the ball against a helter-skelter kind of defensive effort from the Bearcats. Also, his ability to get to the line to quiet down Bing's late first half run was crucial. But the whole team deserves props.
    I agree. Scheyer's steady hand was important against a team like this. Plus, I think the others (esp Nolan) have learned alot from watching Schyer's play.
    "Just like you man. I got the shotgun, you got the briefcase." Omar Little

Beat me to it. Great TEAM win. When was the last time we had nine guys score with six in double digits? If we can play all tourney like that, I can't see many teams beating us, cause who can they focus on?

I'm going with LT. He was tough around the rim and displayed great footwork on both ends of the floor! Keep it up LT!

Great team win. It's hard to single out one individual. But I'm surprised that Gerald didn't get more votes. He wasn't as flashy in this game. However, his impact was huge. Just take a look at his plus / minus.

A great all-round game from Gerald. I particularly like his assists. When he does that it brings our team offense up another level.

I think he's gotten a little better at making the right pass over the last several games. Over the last 4 games he's had 13 assists and 9 turnovers. Averaging 3.25 assists per game is up from his season average of 2.5.