Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by calltheobvious View Post
    And lest anyone forget, that one turnover would not even have been recorded in a just world.
    Um, sorry, missed chunks of the game trying to get the computer feed to work when they switched off the game on TV. What were the circumstances of the turnover in question, and how would it not have been recorded in a just world? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Um, sorry, missed chunks of the game trying to get the computer feed to work when they switched off the game on TV. What were the circumstances of the turnover in question, and how would it not have been recorded in a just world? Thanks.
    Wasn't that one the ridiculous offensive foul they called on Jon? It had to have been an anticipatory whistle as Jon drove the lane...

FT Shooting

One of the most encouraging stats to me was our FT shooting - 84%. If we can maintain at or close to 80%, I think we dramatically increase our chances of making the Final Four. We will need to hit our free throws to beat Texas - UCLA/Nova - Pitt, et al., especially our guards.

Jon - 6-6
    Gerald - 7-7
    Nolan 4-5
    Elliot 0-1

That's where we need to be.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Had to be

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Wasn't that one the ridiculous offensive foul they called on Jon? It had to have been an anticipatory whistle as Jon drove the lane...
    It looked like Jon didn't even make contact. Even the CBS announcers were surprised.

All five starters scored in double figures and our bench players chipped in 23 points. That is a very balanced performance. Nolan Smith has emerged as a solid first option off the bench. The team is playing exceptional basketball at the right time of year. We have to take care of business one game at a time...Survive and Advance...five more to go!
    Bob Green

Next Up: TEXAS! Let's hope everyone on the team gets to eat a steak. Haha

Want to share my story

I just wanted to share with everyone my experience at last nights game. First of all it was nice to see a good amount of Duke fans there last night. I had the good fortunes to be in a section where the Duke fans outnumbered the other fans, unfortunately there were four what appeared to be VT fans sitting in front of us. They felt the need to yell and scream at every call that went the way of Duke, complaining about how Duke gets all the calls, and on occasion yell the F bomb, even though there was a little one tree seats down from them. Well I do not have a great threshold for ignorant and rude people. So I decided every time they yelled something rude I would just make sarcastic remarks to them about ignorance of the game, I can not tell you all the things I said in response to their behavior, but I did enough to let them know they were out of line. Needless to say as Duke built it's lead the quieter they became. But, my wife noticed them texting each other about how we were getting on their nerves. Needless to say it just shows that you do not have to be worried about cheering on your team, no matter how many other people are there to boo Duke. I hope another Duke fan gets my seat on Saturday, since I can not go to that one, and I hope they let everyone around them know how proud they are to be a Duke fan, hopefully the other guys in front will not be there to try and ruin your experience.

Go Duke

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    It looked like Jon didn't even make contact. Even the CBS announcers were surprised.
    It seemed like the refs blew the whistle and then realized there wasn't really a foul. They felt bad that they had already called a zillion fouls on them so they just said it was offensive and gave it to John. A couple of his "turnovers" since becoming point guard have been bad offensive foul calls.

This kind of behavior is all too familar!I could'nt belive the crap i heard at the Georgia Tech game when i went this year.I would have reacted the same.

My reply

I guess what puzzled me the most, was they were clearly VT fans, wearing their Hokies shirts, and hats, and one guy had on a Frank Beamer T shirt. Now if I am not mistaken VT is probably not the sports program who should be talking about the integrity of the game. Something else that made me laugh was all the Carolina fans Booing Duke (to be expected since they are obsessed with us) but they never really cheered for Binghamton (don't have a clue how to spell that). I think they cheered one time for them when they cut it to 7. It was hilarious. Although I admit I wore my "The only thing I hate more than Carolina Baketball......Are Carolina Fans" I did get some strange looks, but no one cared too much

The Carowina shirt...

Although I admit I wore my "The only thing I hate more than Carolina Baketball......Are Carolina Fans" I did get some strange looks, but no one cared too much [/QUOTE]

I have to have one of these shirts....where can i get one? The family reunion will be priceless!

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    Something else that made me laugh was all the Carolina fans Booing Duke (to be expected since they are obsessed with us) but they never really cheered for Binghamton (don't have a clue how to spell that). I think they cheered one time for them when they cut it to 7. It was hilarious. Although I admit I wore my "The only thing I hate more than Carolina Baketball......Are Carolina Fans" I did get some strange looks, but no one cared too much
    Obsession? No obsessions here...

-jk

where to get it

Quote Originally Posted by millerecu View Post
    Although I admit I wore my "The only thing I hate more than Carolina Baketball......Are Carolina Fans" I did get some strange looks, but no one cared too much
    I have to have one of these shirts....where can i get one? The family reunion will be priceless![/QUOTE]

I got it at the ACC Conference store in Greensboro, of course realize they have have them for every team, but it is still fun to have and break it out on those special occasions