Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

MBB: Duke 86, Binghamton 62 (NCAA Tournament) Post-Game Thread

Good win -- Duke lives to play another day!

Good win, but I had a question..

It was taking a minute for my video to catch up coming out of commercials. What happened that the announcers were talking about risking a guy's career and there was no room for that in the game? Was there a dirty shot or something? Who on whom? ARRRG.

Career...

They were talking about a take down of Blake in the OK game.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post

It was taking a minute for my video to catch up coming out of commercials. What happened that the announcers were talking about risking a guy's career? Was there a dirty shot or something? ARRRG.
    It showed Blake Griffin getting flipped over by the arm. The player that did it was ejected.

It was taking a minute for my video to catch up coming out of commercials. What happened that the announcers were talking about risking a guy's career? Was there a dirty shot or something? ARRRG.
    Blake Griffin from Oklahoma was literally judo-flipped by an opposing player and went head over heels on to the floor. Immediate ejection.

Wish I could have seen it - Baltimore has Morgan State and my computer failed to load the CBS software to view games online. First time I've missed a game in I don't know how long...pretty frustrating.

But hey the score looks awesome !

It was taking a minute for my video to catch up coming out of commercials. What happened that the announcers were talking about risking a guy's career and there was no room for that in the game? Was there a dirty shot or something? Who on whom? ARRRG.
    Might have been talking about Blake Griffin getting taken down.

Thomas

Nice game, with Thomas as the MVP. Singler became the sixth player in double figures, so it was a good game all around. It certainly beat the first game last year.
    Last edited by miramar; 03-19-2009 at 11:57 PM. Reason: sp.

Blake Griffin from Oklahoma was literally judo-flipped by an opposing player and went head over heels on to the floor. Immediate ejection.
    Thanks.

Ah, okay, my audio and video were a little iffy coming back from commercials. I thought I heard the name Griffin, but I thought maybe it was just some scrub for Binghamton or something. I'm glad it wasn't one of our guys on either end of the exchange. Is Griffin okay I hope?

Survive and Advance.

When we ran our offense, things went very well. G didn't really show up, but on the other end, LT was screaming and yelling when we were up 25. I loved his constant intensity

Nolan was great. That is so important and nice to see.

Longhorns up next

Great second half. Duke came out of the locker room and asserted themselves and Binghampton could not recover. There would have been a large margin earlier if Bing hadn't made six first half threes, mostly while being well guarded. Duke got good balanced scoring and once again took great care of the ball.

He looked to be fine. Confused...but fine.

Thanks.

Ah, okay, my audio and video were a little iffy coming back from commercials. I thought I heard the name Griffin, but I thought maybe it was just some scrub for Binghamton or something. I'm glad it wasn't one of our guys on either end of the exchange. Is Griffin okay I hope?
    Griffin is fine but he looked PISSED. Very mature of him to just get up and walk away.

Game Thoughts

Duke played with workman-like precision. That is how you break a team. This team has really matured. Last year they struggled in their opening round and looked a bit nervous. Today they looked like a top seed. Kyle struggled which may be okay- he may explode next game. Smith really played well- he has gotten his fire back. Williams got his confidence back. Nice game by Thomas as well who made himself available. Duke will need to play very smart in the next game. Tonight- they showed they are ready for this tourney and did not expend that much energy. Just need to get to bed.

Liked the contributions of the "non-Big-Three". Elliot Williams had a nice game, as did Nolan, and Lance Thomas had one of his best games.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Duke played with workman-like precision. That is how you break a team. This team has really matured. Last year they struggled in their opening round and looked a bit nervous. Today they looked like a top seed. Kyle struggled which may be okay- he may explode next game. Smith really played well- he has gotten his fire back. Williams got his confidence back. Nice game by Thomas as well who made himself available. Duke will need to play very smart in the next game. Tonight- they showed they are ready for this tourney and did not expend that much energy. Just need to get to bed.
    I didn't think Williams' confidence went anywhere... I just think he's playing within his abilities and letting the game come to him.

Duke definitely handled this game like a 2 seed should handle a 15 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    That was a very impressive flip. He was lucky not to get really hurt. Does it make One Shining Moment?

Duke had six players with between 10 and 15 points. That is the kind of balanced scoring that gets it done in March.

Quote Originally Posted by FerryFor50 View Post
    I didn't think Williams' confidence went anywhere... I just think he's playing within his abilities and letting the game come to him.

Duke definitely handled this game like a 2 seed should handle a 15 seed.
    Williams struggled a bit in the ACC tourney- as teams figured out how to play him- but tonight he was aggressive.

Very nice

A good, smooth, workmanlike win. As always, I can pick a nit or two, especially that I would have liked to see Zoubek in there a bit more, since we're gonna need him vs. Tejas.

Good to shut things down early and on to Saturday.

Go Duke!!