Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Can the OP change the title of the thread to...

...CBS ROCKS!!!???

They've (finally) made it into the 21st century and the results are fantastic!!

I was able to watch the games without technical issue...great quality feed...very little chop.

As much grief as CBS gets, we should compliment them when they get it right!

We were pretty happy with the internet feed we got and just ran it from the laptop to the tv. Not quite tv quality but we weren't going to get our game at all in Phoenix and, from what I understand about some of the markets that did, CBS cut away early to other games. Much better than having to go to a sports bar and listen to everyone else cheer against Duke.

I used the mmod.ncaa.com feed with Firefox 3 on my intel iMac. I downloaded the Silverlght HD plugin. All worked well except for a few minutes when I had do downgrade the video quality a bit because of slow network.

I'm really grateful for this because otherwise I would have missed 80% of the game here in SC due to CBS switching to UCLA-VCU.

Finally found where the weather suits my clothes – and settled down in Brentwood, CA

No problems with the iPhone for me...

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I watched the first half on my iPhone. Video was very choppy, and the audio was out of sync, which was really annoying because I would hear what happened before I saw it. Knowing a little bit about streaming video, I believe the problem is not with the speed of the wireless connection but rather the decoder - the iPhone's CPU is just not fast enough to keep up with that much data.

Anyways, without the sound it provided a reasonable viewing experience and a pleasant reminder of how far technology has come. Not having cable TV, I wish this had been available all season!
    Hmmm... interesting. I've been using my iPhone both days with no problems. In fact, it's been fantastic! When I had sufficient battery charge I was walking all over the range of the WiFi and didn't even have a stutter. It was great sitting outside on a spring day (but in a shady spot) and watching the Madness. ;-)

Do you have a 3G iPhone? Maybe you have an older phone with a slower CPU?

5. I used the CBS online system with IE and it worked great last night. Only real problem was it was delayed about 15-20 seconds for me from the TV and online scores so you had to just commit to watching the game online. I had to get off the chat too. But overall I liked it.

i have RR Turbo....17m down, 460k up...but that's with the trick "boost" thing which speeds up the first 10 secs of the download (and the speed test)

so i'm figuring i average about 12m down...