Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    This Post ^= Fail

Not because of the political lean of the comments, but because:

1) that you are even turning this thread into a political discussion and didn't make a single point about basketball or coach K.

2) The OP was simply giving the full contents of the quote and its context. If you don't like Media Matters, you always can go see the video on ESPN.

3) Not only did you feel that it was necessary to make YOUR political leanings public, but you also felt that it was necessary to attack those of others.

If you want to talk about things relevant to the Duke program, fine, but take your political diatribes elsewhere please. I don't want to see it here.

FAIL
    He or she did say they thought Coach K was kidding. So he did say something about Duke Basketball. This thread is about politics and Coach K and his comments. Even if Coach K believes that President Obama should pay attention to national matters, I think he shouldn't have said it. Duke is hated enough by the media and fans alike. Like it or not, the media is a heavy lean to the left and this comment couldn't have set well with them. Coach K and Duke had to get heat from it. Go Duke!

BlueintheFace and I have made up and decided to redirect our attention to the thing that is reaaaaaaaaaaaaly important, and that is supporting our beloved Blue Devils and shouting GO TO H#LL CAROLINA from the roof tops

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog44 View Post
    BlueintheFace and I have made up and decided to redirect our attention to the thing that is reaaaaaaaaaaaaly important, and that is supporting our beloved Blue Devils and shouting GO TO H#LL CAROLINA from the roof tops
    Yep!!! Roy should spend a little less time talking to the media and a little more time focusing on redistributing some economic resources at Carolina towards a decent medical staff for his team.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Yep!!! Roy should spend a little less time talking to the media and a little more time focusing on redistributing some economic resources at Carolina towards a decent medical staff for his team.
    Or giving out personal pedicures to ensure the little piggies don't get hurt. Maybe that is why Lawson has a hurt toe, bad pedicure!!!! Dom Dom Dommmmm

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog44 View Post
    Media Matters ??? Nah I think I will avoid the Soros funded website, thanks for the update though. Maybe I can go to Daily Kos and see how Bush is Hitler and Cheney is Satan. Don't get me wrong I am sure K was joking to a degree but MM is not my cup o' tea.
    please bump this to the Off-topic/public policy board if necessary, but Media Matters is not funded by George Soros at all and never has been.

And regardless, they posted the actual unedited clip so people can judge for themselves...
    Last edited by dyedwab; 03-19-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by blueprofessor View Post
    ...Maybe Roy will sub O for Lawson.

Best--Blueprof
    You wouldn't be suggesting that O excels at sharing the wealth, would you?

Apologies to Bill Rafferty.

What is the purpose/reason for O taking time to bone up on the tournament and conduct an interview with Andy Katz? I'll bet a few congressmen and reporters would have appreciated that block of the President's time. That said, he was extremely impressive in his knowledge of the teams and in his presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    You wouldn't be suggesting that O excels at sharing the wealth, would you?

Apologies to Bill Rafferty.

What is the purpose/reason for O taking time to bone up on the tournament and conduct an interview with Andy Katz? I'll bet a few congressmen and reporters would have appreciated that block of the President's time. That said, he was extremely impressive in his knowledge of the teams and in his presentation.
    FYI - he was fulfilling a promise made to Andy Katz during the campaign. Katz interviewed him for a piece on his cousin that coaches a school whose name that escapes me for the moment - somewhere in the NW I think.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    FYI - he was fulfilling a promise made to Andy Katz during the campaign. Katz interviewed him for a piece on his cousin that coaches a school whose name that escapes me for the moment - somewhere in the NW I think.
    Obama's brother-in-law, Craig Robinson, coaches at Oregon State

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Obama's brother-in-law, Craig Robinson, coaches at Oregon State
    cousin/brother-in-law - close enough. I had the relative and part of the country right. Thanks for the accurate info.

K was clearly joking, but why should we be paying attention to that when we can be paying attention to Duke in the Final Four? He probably didn't even mean to say it like that. Let's just please stay focused on March Madness.

Enough. No more K v. O posts.

-jk