Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    There are too many inconsistencies in how Lawson is being treated. He was tough enough to play against Duke, so it is unfair to question his toughness for letting the toe heal rather than play against a patsy like Radford. If Radford somehow avoids the first half blow out, Ty can put his shoe on for the second half.

I also think people are underestimating the importance of the Duke/UNC game. This was senior night for Hansbrough, Green, Frasor, Copeland and possibly Ginyard, and likely the last home game and last Duke game for Lawson, Ellington and Thompson. Lawson shouldn't be criticized for taking the risk of playing the Duke game. If it aggravated the injury, that's just the risk of playing basketball.

"toe heal" just sounds funny to me, wonder if it will stick.

Quote Originally Posted by AIRFORCEDUKIE View Post
    You know I don't comment much on here but this kind of sparked my interest. I have been reading this board because I'm a huge Duke fan obviously. I go to IC to see the things they say about Duke and the players and some of the things are terrible. Same thing with this board even if it is half-joking. These are just kids playing a game, and the level of hatred from fans and media is getting out of hand. perfect example the baby blue shirts which for the most part were grown men and women mind you, behind the Duke bench on Saturday, staying just to boo and yell at a bunch of young kids that they have never met. I have been caught up in this when I lived in NC for the last 6 years and its kind of crazy. Maybe the media, and the fans need to step back and think about it. They are kids just trying to make it just like us and just like everyone else. They make mistakes, have bad judgement and have the weight of millions of fans on thier shoulders. That's pretty brave no matter how you look at it. If anything we should praise college athletes even if they are baby blue. Ok maybe not praise but at least not hate them so much. Thier fans on the other hand are a whole other thing.

Ok off my soap box
    No question about it. Well said AIRFORCEDUKIE. People who boo college kids, write negatively about them in any forum, should think again about whether they would want the same treatment for themselves or their children. Let Lawson decide whether his toe is ok. It is not our business, really.

Thumbs up Toe Heel Lawson played against Duke and demonstrated he is a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by tendev View Post
    No question about it. Well said AIRFORCEDUKIE. People who boo college kids, write negatively about them in any forum, should think again about whether they would want the same treatment for themselves or their children. Let Lawson decide whether his toe is ok. It is not our business, really.
    If there is any criticism. it should be directed at Roy. There is no requirement in the grant-in-aid contract that requires an injured player to get shot up to play. I respect Lawson for what he did,even if it now looks that they had no idea how much worse the toe injury would become.

Best--Blueprof

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    "toe heal" just sounds funny to me, wonder if it will stick.
    The race car driver in me keeps reading that as "heel toe".