Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Duke Men's Epee - Round 2

Freshman Jonathan Parker defeated Jason Pryor (OSU) by score of 5-4, and currently has 2 victories. He is currently #23 in the standings.

Dudziak advances in NCAA wrestling

Hwt. Konrad Dudziak won 2 matches at the NCAA Wrestling championships to advance to the quarterfinals. He won 4-1 in his first bout and 3-1 in his second bout.

Dan Tulley lost his 1st match at 197# and John Barone also lost his first match, at 184#, having the misfortune to go up against defending national champ Jake Herbert.

Dan Tulley and John Barone lost their wrestle-back matches and have been eliminated.

Konrad Dudziak will wrestle in the championship quarter-finals Friday morning.
    Last edited by roywhite; 03-19-2009 at 11:13 PM.

Dudziak advances!

Konrad Dudziak defeated Jake Rosholt of Ok. State 4-2 in O/T to advance to the national semifinals at 285 pounds.

Far as I know, this is uncharted territory for a Duke wrestler.

Rosholt was ranked #3 in the country coming in; Dudziak was ranked #5.

Semifinals are held tonight and I believe are on ESPN2.

Dudziak goes to National Finals!

Konrad Dudziak continued his winning ways in the NCAA Wrestling Championships with a 3-2 semifinal win over #1 seed Zabriskie of Iowa State.

Finals are Saturday evening on ESPN.

Dudziak has already gone farther than any wrestler in Duke history, and now has a chance to be Duke's first national champion. Awesome.

Congratations, Konrad. Good Luck tomorrow. LGD.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Konrad Dudziak continued his winning ways in the NCAA Wrestling Championships with a 3-2 semifinal win over #1 seed Zabriskie of Iowa State.

Finals are Saturday evening on ESPN.

Dudziak has already gone farther than any wrestler in Duke history, and now has a chance to be Duke's first national champion. Awesome.
    Wow, go Konrad!! Making it this far is VERY impressive, and a championship would be pure icing!

Just read about this. Give em hell Konrad!!!

The Wrestling championships are a fantastic event in my book because the entire state of Iowa drives down here and spends all their disposable income in our downtown for several days.

I was at a bar near the arena yesterday, wearing a WVU hat and a Duke hoodie. Multiple people brought up Dudziak to me, all in a positive fashion. Some guy patted me on the back on my way out of the restroom. I can't remember the last time opposing fans were nice to me when I was wearing Duke gear.

Go Dudziak.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I watched Konrad lose a nail-biter in the 3rd overtime, 3-2. I know little about wrestling, but I'm a fan of Clar Anderson and his program. Missed some of the 2nd half of the basketball game watching the match wrap up. Congratulations to the NCAA Heavyweight Runner-Up.

I know nothing about wrestling but kept switching to ESPN from the game to be sure I didn't miss Konrad's match. Didn't like the outcome but was very impressed by his effort - plus he beat the #1 seed to get to the final. Way to go, Konrad!

Congratulations to Konrad Dudziak for a great season and a great NCAA Tournament. I watched his semifinal and finals matches...two close, hard-fought bouts against the #1 and #2 seeded wrestlers. Konrad came so close to winning the national championship!

Maybe next year.