Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think the smart money says that Littlepage makes another strong run at Tubby, with Grant perhaps being a more likely proposition. FWIW, though, on Mark Packer's show today, Jason Capel said that he thought his brother would at least listen to the folks from UVA because of his connections to the state and the opportunity to come home to the ACC. In the past, he's indicated that Jeff simply would not listen to a lot of other schools who were interested. At this point, you'd have to label it a pretty big long shot, but the fanbase would be VERY pleased if it came to pass.

Climbing the coaching ladder to better positions is to be expected, but a) jumping too fast gives a bad impression, and b) going from OK to UVA is a lateral move at best. All IMHO.

Jeff could have left VCU sooner than he did, and I think he was wise to be patient. If he left OU now, what confidence should UVA have that he would stay to build something special? Might he not just jump at the next opening at UCLA, IU, or KY?

Man, I'm glad Coach K didn't jump ship after the great 1985-86 season - or any of those times the pros came calling.