Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

MBB: Duke v. Binghamton Pre-game and In-game thread

Perhaps this belongs in the region thread but I thought each opponent (let's hope we have more than one) deserves it's own thread:
    pt r
    D.J. Rivera F 20.0 6.5 1.1 ... 6'4 190 junior
    Dwayne Jackson G 11.7 3.8 0.9 . 6'3 200 senior
    Malik Alvin G 11.7 3.1 3.8 .. 6'0 175 junior
    Emanuel Mayben G 11.5 4.0 4.6 .. 6'3 180 junior
    Reggie Fuller F 10.2 7.1 0.7 .. 6'6 200 senior

Looks like very balanced scoring...

They beat Vermont twice which is pretty impressive.

Very small - probably fast I imagine

all juniors and seniors / three G / two F

I live in Binghamton and everyone is very excited around here. Our sports section had 4 or 5 pages on Binghamton's first NCAA tourney appearance today. That being said, I've only paid attention to them in the last 2 weeks when it was a good possibility they would get in. If I can find anything noteworthy to post, I will.

Looks like a very difficult team to defend based on the stats. No cake walks.

Hopefully all our guys are healthy and focused going in.

Dwayne Jackson was suspended and hasn't played since January... so we can go ahead and take his name off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by FireOgilvie View Post
    Dwayne Jackson was suspended and hasn't played since January... so we can go ahead and take his name off the board.

my fault - just grabbing numbers.

Fuller , Rivera , Alvin, and Mayben each seem to score pretty well and fairly evenly in the last few games.

Chretien Lukusa has replaced Dwayne Jackson and doesn't look to be as much of a threat as the other four guys.

Now that I look at last few games they only play about 6 deep.

I found an interesting article on their star player DJ Rivera. Apparently, he is the nephew of Hank Gathers...

http://www.bupipedream.com/current/i...les/view/10779

There was also some controversy about DJ Rivera not getting POY for the America East Conference. Also very interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...er-of-the-year

I think Carolina has the second game of the day in Greensboro and Duke has the last.

1) 12:20: LSU v Butler
    2) ~3:00: UNC v Radford
    3) 7:10: Texas v Minnesota
    4) ~9:45: Duke v Binghamton

Can somebody confirm that this is correct?

If so, this hopefully helps in terms of Carolina fans being there for the booing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    I think Carolina has the second game of the day in Greensboro and Duke has the last.

If so, this hopefully helps in terms of Carolina fans being there for the booing.
    This doesn't bode well as the perpetually late arriving wine & cheese will just be nestling into their seats with 5 minutes left in the Radford game.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post

I saw on ESPN mobile today that Duke played at 11:59 am Thursday. I could be mistaken, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dukegirlinsc View Post
    I saw on ESPN mobile today that Duke played at 11:59 am Thursday. I could be mistaken, though.
    Here are all of the times:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...tdivision1.pdf

Is that correct that they don't start anyone over 6'6''?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    9:40 PM tip off time, bleah. That is horribly late, I'm hoping the silver lining will be the carolina fans will have no interest in staying up that late to cheer against us.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

The afternoon games (unc's regional) and evening games (our regional) are two separate tickets. A lot of unc folks will probably skip the night games. If we both make it to the next round, the booing will be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    The afternoon games (unc's regional) and evening games (our regional) are two separate tickets. A lot of unc folks will probably skip the night games. If we both make it to the next round, the booing will be worse.
    Separate tickets, but same book. I Fully expect a lot of unc/anti-Duke folks around.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Separate tickets, but same book. I Fully expect a lot of unc/anti-Duke folks around.

-jk
    Should be plenty of G-boro tickets around after the 1st ever 16 defeats 1 day in the tourney!

Anybody know the pregame schedule the team will use this week? Will they take Monday off from practice and just watch film and scout their upcoming opponents and then practice light on Tuesday and Wed.? I have always been intrigued on how coaches prepare their teams with a short turnaround like we have. Surely we have to be a little fatigued and drained from the ACC tournament and hope Coach K uses these next few days to prepare the guys more mentally and let them rest some physically. I'm sure Coach K has done this enough times to know what's best, I was just curious if anybody kind of knows from past tournaments what the team's schedule is in preparing for the NCAA's?

I guess everyone is done talking about Binghampton already???

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    9:40 PM tip off time, bleah. That is horribly late, I'm hoping the silver lining will be the carolina fans will have no interest in staying up that late to cheer against us.
    Having been in Atlanta for the last four days, I'd say this is wishful thinking. Unless we get up early and stomp hard.

In the spirit of Ivan Drago...

WE MUST CRUSH THEM

We need to kick this tourney off in style and keep building on this confidence. Let's knock them OUT!

My good friend went to Binghamton, his half-informed scouting report is that they get a lot of their points off turnovers, particularly on the full court man press. He said they're not world-beaters in the half-court offensive set. Quick, no size.

I personally don't expect this one to be close. We're too good defensively this year for a team without a thriving half-court set to have a prayer.