Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NIT snubs????

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    Cincinatti
    ITS CINCINNATI, lol, jk, im not that guy, i just live there

BTW, Cincinnati had a better in-conference and out-of conference record than G-Town and the same in and out of coneference records as Notre Dame. YET, b/c they weren't overrated in the preseason, they don't get in. Cincy beat G-Town TWICE and ND once. ND and G-Town did have some quality wins that Cincy didn't have but, in the end, its the NIT so I don't really care.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I'm a nice guy, so I won't flag this thread for pointlessness. But on the galactic importance scale "being snubbed by the Nit" ranks immediately below "me knocking down a big container of oatmeal while reaching for the pretzels and spilling said oatmeal all over the kitchen", which occurred at roughly the same time.
    And the other threads are . . .not? If DBR is more than just a place for entertainment and enjoying light-hearted banter and less than meaningful discussions about Duke basketball, I guess I have been missing the point.

State is bad. They beat WFU this year, and thats it. They barely had a winning record and lost to Davidson, etc.

I have no respect for State after they ran off Herb Sendek. Yeah, a consistent Tournament coach isn't good enough for us, so we'll run him off and replace him with a past his prime player that can't coach AT ALL.

Good move.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyKfan View Post

I have no respect for State after they ran off Herb Sendek. Yeah, a consistent Tournament coach isn't good enough for us, so we'll run him off and replace him with a past his prime player that can't coach AT ALL.
    I agree 100%, but that is not an unusual move. Look at Auburn in football, Clemson in football a few years ago. They both ran off good coaches because the good old boy fans/alums/trustees didn't like him. Sad.
    It would be an interesting to see if this happens more often in state-supported schools than in private schools.
    I talked to Father Hesburgh from ND some years ago, and he said that he gave football coaches five years protection from the alums, after that they were on their own. Seems like a good plan.