View Poll Results: Who will go to the Final Four from the Midwest?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Louisville

16 43.24%
  • 2. Michigan St.

6 16.22%
  • 3. Kansas

0 0%
  • 4. Wake Forest

12 32.43%
  • 5. Utah

1 2.70%
  • 6. WVU

2 5.41%
  • 7. Boston College

0 0%
  • 8. Ohio St.

0 0%
  • 9. Siena

0 0%
  • 10. USC

0 0%
  • 11. Dayton

0 0%
  • 12. Arizona

0 0%
  • 13. Cleveland St.

0 0%
  • 14. North Dakota St.

0 0%
  • 15/16. Robert Morris, AlabamaSt/MoreheadSt

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wake and Boston College messed up this bracket for me. But I did have Siena beating OSU.

I was really impressed by Siena. Beating Ohio State in Ohio is tough. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Louisville a tough game.

3. With Wake out, Louisville is now vastly superior in talent over the upper half of their bracket. Time to pencil them into the Elite Eight.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Wake and Boston College messed up this bracket for me.
    I hear you. I am perfect in the other three regions, but my Midwest bracket is trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Wake and Boston College messed up this bracket for me. But I did have Siena beating OSU.
    Exact same. Well I only had Wake in the sweet 16, but still, I was sad to see the ACC go down like that, after showing support by picking them all to win their first round games...

My good friend went to Siena so I had to throw them some love =)

Lightbulb Article: How ND State coach blew Kansas game

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...y/1098848.html

A criticism about tactics occasionally leveled at Duke .

Best regards--Blueprofessor

Arizona could sneak in

Arizona could be one of those teams that finds it way to the Final Four. They do have a lot of the ingredients needed to win. Granted they haven't played an elite team yet but still -they could get on a roll. They are definitely not your typical 12 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Arizona could be one of those teams that finds it way to the Final Four. They do have a lot of the ingredients needed to win. Granted they haven't played an elite team yet but still -they could get on a roll. They are definitely not your typical 12 seed.
    boy would dickie v look silly then... ok silli-er... and replace silly with a less nice word

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    boy would dickie v look silly then... ok silli-er... and replace silly with a less nice word
    Well, once Arizona was in, he did predict them to beat Utah. He said, "I don't really think they deserve to be in, but that's over with. And based on their personnel and matchups, it wouldn't surprise me if they did well in the tournament." Or something along those lines. Gotta give him at least a little credit. I can see the rationale slightly. Teams that have a lot of talent and can do well don't necessarily deserve to be in the tournament if they haven't done well in the regular season...But based on the guys on the team, certainly Arizona in not a typical 12 seed.

Many analysts will tell you that championship-caliber teams need to have at least 3 players that can compete at the NBA level. Arizona certainly qualifies, in that context.

In the meantime, the Wildcats have become the poster boys for the theme of this tournament, "Where you have been all season?" That the last 5 at-large teams (and USC) won in the 1st round tells me that the regular season is becoming less and less relevant.