Lacrosse - Duke 12 - UNC 8

Now on ESPN-U and I'm getting it on ESPN2 also.

At Chapel Hill. I'm losing count, but Duke has scored 5 or 6 straight goals in the second half.

under 7 to go and the good guys still up 9-5.

Now 10-5 with 6 1/2 to go. LGD!

WOO-HOO! Duke wins the face off and scores in about 10 seconds! Now 11-5.

2 hole goals with 2 penalties against us but we just scored short-handed and now lead 12-7 with just over 2 to go.

:54 to go, we have the ball and just passed up an empty net shot. Looks like we'll hold on against #6 in the nation on their field.

Duke prevails, 12-8. WOO-HOO!

Yes!!!

UNC Loses in bball and Lacrosse too. Nice way to warm up for the Duke-Md game.

Ah, you beat me to it!

Many analysts picked UNC to win this game; it was very close to being unanimous. (http://blogs.insidelacrosse.com/2009...m-week-four-2/)

However, Duke proved today that it still has firepower even after losing last year's stellar senior class. A win over the Holes is also very sweet! GO DUKE!

Great win by Duke. Our D is coming on.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Way to go! Love those wins - especially over the tar heels.

Carolina Loses, Duke Wins, and Duke beats Carolina, all in one day. Nearly perfect.

A totally 9F Day!!!!

Congrats to the LAX team! Really proud of you guys! I just love EVERYBODY today!
    Love, Ima

Smile Xoxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Congrats to the LAX team! Really proud of you guys! I just love EVERYBODY today!
    Love, Ima
    Hi,

Not nearly as much as we love YOU Ima. :-)

GO DUKE!

Sensational defensive stand turned the game around, as Duke held Carolina scoreless for the first 19 minutes after halftime, while scoring six. Team defense, which was lousy against Maryland, was superb; even when Carolina players were able to dodge successfully, the help was nearly always there.

Breakout game for Justin Turri, with three goals and an assist. Turri missed all of the 2008 season with a foot injury, but he is beginning to show why he was so heavily recruited.

Eight different players scored for Duke, with ten of the twelve goals coming from the midfield. Quite a change from the last couple of years.

I'm starting to feel better about this year's team. Tuesday night's game against Cornell will be another measuring stick.

Good one. Always a joy to pound the Heels.

I watched the game, jumping back and forth between the ACC Tournament on RayCom and ESPN-2. A very solid performance for the Blue Devils, in Chapel Hill and against a highly-ranked UNC team (Kennan Stadium was essentially empty, with the Tar Heal faithful focused on FSU - UNC in Atlanta). I suspect Duke has made considerable progress in the last weeks, since its losses to Maryland and Harvard. Let's hope so, since our remaining schedule is quite difficult. For information, the Duke - UVa game will be broadcast by ESPN.

Wooo hooo! I wish I had known this was being televised. I'm starting to enjoy watching Lacrosse. (And it goes without saying, I enjoy watching the Tar Heels lose at anything, especially when it's Duke handing them the loss.)

With #3 Princeton, #5 Maryland, #6 Johns Hopkins, and #8 some joint in Chapel Hill going down, Duke potentially can rapidly move up the rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    With #3 Princeton, #5 Maryland, #6 Johns Hopkins, and #8 some joint in Chapel Hill going down, Duke potentially can rapidly move up the rankings.
    There are going to be more and more weekends like this one. The number of D1 quality players coming out of high school is growing every year, but the number of D1 programs is stuck on 59. Talent is trickling down: you could see it in the Patriot League in the last couple of years as Colgate rose up to challenge established powers Army and Navy (Lehigh will get there soon under former Duke player and assistant coach Kevin Cassese), and as the GWLL schools got better and better. This year ECAC schools like Hobart and St. John's are suddenly tough outs, and so (as we discovered to our chagrin) is Harvard.

UMBC has beaten the Turtles three years in a row. Gotta love it.