View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. Boston College in the ACC Tourney?

Voters
143. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gerald Henderson

1 0.70%
  • David McClure

1 0.70%
  • Greg Paulus

0 0%
  • Jon Scheyer

0 0%
  • Kyle Singler

137 95.80%
  • Nolan Smith

1 0.70%
  • Lance Thomas

1 0.70%
  • Elliot Williams

2 1.40%
  • Brian Zoubek

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. Boston College (ACC Tourney)

Who was the Man of the Match vs. Boston College in the ACC Tournament?

Between the missed shots (rim-out 3's, layup/dunk) and FT's and breakdown's in defense at the end...we're very fortunate. Singler saved this game--easy MOTM. We'll have to pick up our game since we know Maryland will be out for blood.

This one should be a no-brainer... Singler!

But Elliott and McClure played great D.

easy

Kyle was ready to play. the others, not so much

Gotta be Kyle, he is the reason we won that game. He's becoming my favorite Duke player. He works so hard. I just wish he worked a little harder on defense under the basket instead of guarding the ball. We sure could use him under the basket getting a few more rebounds.

good point

about the D play of McClure and EW

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Kyle got my vote, but Dave was sooooo important. LGD!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I know someone will vote for a player other than Kyle, but if they do they must have been watching pay for view and not this game. Go Duke!

If anyone DOESN'T vote for Kyle, I will be shocked...

G made the winning basket but I would have approved of K calling Kyle's number. He was on point all night. Great D and lots of buckets.

Consider yourself shocked! I agree Kyle was great, but please don't ignore the defense EWill played on Rice. Both made great contributions.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Consider yourself shocked! I agree Kyle was great, but please don't ignore the defense EWill played on Rice. Both made great contributions.
    I'd suggest you look at the boxscore when it come out. I know Elliot did a very good job on Rice, but what about the points, rebounds and blocks Kyle had? No contest. Go Kyle and Go Duke!

Not even close tonight, Kyle by a landslide.

Kyle with 6 blocked shots. Wow! I mentioned earlier that we needed someone to step up and block some shots and we did it tonight.

I split my vote. I thought Kyle was really good on the offensive end, but that Singler guy was a defensive juggernaut.

Mr. Singler

It might make folks happy to know I voted for Kyle tonight. McClure was a very close second. His defensive positioning was great! I was quite surprised to not see him in at the end, but I must remember, it's a growing and learning experience for Elliot who came through like a champ.

I voted for Kyle

but wanted to also give props to Elliot for his d on Rice. He took Rice out of the game for long stretches.

Singler

Look, EWill played some great defense and had 8 rebounds, and Gerald hit the winning shot, and Scheyer hit some big threes and played another stellar game at the point, but how can this not be a shutout?

Career high 26 points, 9 rebounds and 6 blocks. 10 - 15 from the field, 3-6 from three. And if you watched the game, his contribution and impact on the game was as impressive as the stats.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Without question, KS. But without DMc [not to mention G and JS], we lose. DMc blocks out, blocks shots, flicks passes, and now that he's healthy, he's very athletic, which isn't so noticeable because he lacks confidence offensively and has a mediocre handle. In virtually every game, he "contributes" points by denying 6-7 points to the opposition. Hope he goes out on a high note, for we're gonna miss him frightfully next year.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    I'd suggest you look at the boxscore when it come out. I know Elliot did a very good job on Rice, but what about the points, rebounds and blocks Kyle had? No contest. Go Kyle and Go Duke!
    Look, I agree that Kyle was a an absolute hoss tonight. He fought for balls, stole balls, and made critical baskets. But he has won MOTM a bunch. We could not have won without him, but I would argue that we couldn't have won without Williams on Rice. In fact, earlier this year, we didn't win without Williams on Rice.
    On the other hand, this may be another "team" win game. We needed all the parts we brought to the party. McClure gets short shrift, when he plays his heart out, and outrebounds taller players (and blocks both shots and players!). The big three do their thing, or at least two do most games. Tonight they were all involved. Thomas makes a few great plays every game and helps to clog up the middle and provide midcourt defense. To add to the big three plus Thomas, a Williams/Smith combo may be the answer.
    I am delighted that we play tomorrow, and that we play Maryland instead of Wake.
    There were some real upsets yesterday and today, glad we were not among the throng.
    'PS - I feel sorry for Greg Paulus. I hope he can contribute in stretches in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by mgtr; 03-14-2009 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Greg Paulus