Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

MBB: Duke 66, Boston College 65 (ACC Tournament) Post-Game Thread

Deep breaths...

Phew!

Phew to say the least!

Really good game in the second half.

We made enough key plays to win it. Great game by Kyle!

I would just as soon not play them again.

What a day of great games in The Tournament! A spectacular finish to a full day! The grit and tenacity of this Duke team carried the day.

You know this is the beginning of a series of tough games, the real March Madness.

We need to play way better than that, but a win is a win! Great 2nd half from Gerald. Great game from Kyle. I thought we actually played way better on defense as a whole. Elliot was great, McClure had some big plays as well. If we shoot a better at the line we win that one comfortably.

What happened to Paulus? My how he has fallen from being our "leader" in the Miami game. Did he play more than that 1 minute? Not that I really mind, the guys who are playing are playing pretty well. It's just a shame for him, he's a really good kid and sitting for 39 minutes in a game like that has to be tough on him.

Just spilled an Irish and soda all over the wife and dog as I screamed "YES" and jumped off the couch. Will I ever get to sleep? Whew.

Goin' to Greensboro

KenPom - Duke 7, Wake 17
    RPI (Palm) Duke 3, Wake 10
    SOS (Palm) - Duke 3, Wake 53
    Sagrin - Duke 4, Wake 8

Wake out in the second round, and Duke goes to semis.

I think the SOS and ACC tourney win gives Duke the advantage over Wake.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    WHEW!!! Not very descriptive nor informative, but after that game, it's all I got.
    LGD
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Hey Rice..."We Aint Playin No More"...either.

What a game! But I think when he made that statement at the end of the half, that just lit a fire in us. Now lets shut Vasquez up tomorrow.

My heart is still pounding...no wonder I grind my teeth. Phew.

Two different teams

We looked like two different teams in each half. In the first half we looked like it didn't matter. In the 2nd half it looked like it was life or death. Man I hope we come out strong tomorrow. Go Duke!

Let's get the guys out there to shoot some FTs tomorrow. It's been a while since we shot in such a large statdium and we didn't have the extra day to practice in Atlanta. Hopefully we can get used to the backdrop.

Quote Originally Posted by bird View Post
    KenPom - Duke 7, Wake 17
    RPI (Palm) Duke 3, Wake 10
    SOS (Palm) - Duke 3, Wake 53
    Sagrin - Duke 4, Wake 8

Wake out in the second round, and Duke goes to semis.

I think the SOS and ACC tourney win gives Duke the advantage over Wake.
    I'd rather talk about the game here and seeding elsewhere, but why do you want to go to Greensboro with 10,000+ UNC fans? I'd much rather have, say, Philly.

I'm happy that Duke won. Where Duke might play in the NCAA Tourney has nothing to do with that. We're trying to win a conference title here. These games matter.

I don't know about you all, but I am on serious basketball overload. Another two days of this? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by obsesseddukefan View Post
    What a game! But I think when he made that statement at the end of the half, that just lit a fire in us. Now lets shut Vasquez up tomorrow.
    Certainly have to respect Rice's ability, but he's one of those guys you kind of enjoy beating.

March basketball

This is March basketball folks. Just doesn't seem to matter who plays- the games all come down to the last minute or last possession. I thought Duke was going to open up a big lead when up by 8 and Henderson was at the line. BC looked very tired and had several to's in a row- but Duke did not take advantage But give BC credit - they hit some very tough shots and got it close again. The free throw shooting needs to be better in March- because every possession matters. But you had to love Henderson's last shot to give Duke the lead. Duke handled the end of the game well and showed the maturity of this team. I expect Duke will play better tomorrow. Sometimes you need a close one to wake you up. Duke could have lost- but they didn't- and they move on. Singler did everything tonight- and many of his best plays were on the defensive end. The guy has a great mind for basketball. You have to wonder if Smith's concussion affected his eyesight. He moved well but he missed some easy shots. But still- Duke needed him when G was in foul trouble. Hopefully he gets some more time against MD.

Duke matches up well against Maryland- but its is not easy to beat a team three times. Should be interesting.

I love this team. I just about lost it. I'm glad the Upset Fairy was up REALLY late last night and left today alone. I hope she shows up for the FSU game tomorrow.

Ill be honest. we got lucky to win this game...I dont know what hell is going on with us! there was a time when i didnt sweat first rounds of the acc and the ncaa!! we have to play better