Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    What VT did in the last 2-3 minutes of the game must've come out of a book called "How to Lose to Carolina." They had been playing decent interior defense and at least making it hard to get the ball into Hanstravel, but in the last two minutes? Free reign. Free inlet pass. Once he catches the ball in there and the game is on the line, he either gets the hoop and the harm or he gets to the free throw line and makes both shots. Why did they stop trying to disrupt the passes?
    In fairness, Jeff Allen was playing with four fouls during that time, so accordingly the VT interior defense was more passive.

Allen's third foul was a classic Hansbrough "vicinity" foul -- if Hansbrough is down low fumbling with the ball, and you're a defender in the vicinity, you're getting whistled.

I get annoyed when officials call a tie ball as the result of a player reaching around the player with the ball to get a hand on it - I've seen that call a number of times this season, not just at the end of this particular game, and I don't believe a player should be allowed to tie up the ball by reaching around.

I'm an ACC fan and have been for many years. I'm embarassed by that game. I had knee surgery yesterday so I'm at home watching the games. That means I was able to use my DVR to re-watch many questionable calls (and no calls). I mean really, UNC commited only 3 or 4 fouls in the frist 19 minutes? Really? There are been a few posters on here that thought the jump ball at the end was a good call...very few. I respectfully disagree and I'll state that if that was the ONLY ref-owina call I'd not be that upset. Instead I'm embarassed for the ACC right now.