Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

OK, raise your hand if

you actually thought that VT was going to beat carolina this afternoon. .... I'm waiting.... anybody? Guess not.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

The officiating was as bad as I have ever seen in an ACC game. Hansbrough getting all those calls and then for the game to be as physical as it was and UNC to have 3 Team Fouls with a minute to go is embarrassing. How that wasn't a reach in on Tyler is beyond me. Just awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I am so tired of watching this. Thank God his career is almost over. Hanstravel walks on the basket that gives the holes the lead, then fouls on purpose on the deciding play of the game and the unc refs call a jump ball that gives their team the ball back.

Unfrickin believable..

Hogwash.

The ACC should be embarrassed to allow crap like that to happen.
    CBS Sports Glogger writes: "Tyler Hansbrough gets away with his hands all over the Tech player and they will get the ball back on the possession arrow. A poor job by the officials on that sequence as Hansbrough was all over his man."

Carolina gets all the calls.

PS. I'm Mike Lewis !
    Last edited by The Gordog; 03-13-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: PS. I'm Mike Lewis !
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by Boozer View Post
    I am so tired of watching this. Thank God his career is almost over. Hanstravel walks on the basket that gives the holes the lead, then fouls on purpose on the deciding play of the game and the unc refs call a jump ball that gives their team the ball back.

Unfrickin believable..

Hogwash.

The ACC should be embarrassed to allow crap like that to happen.
    where is the foul all of you think you saw? i saw a hand on the ball and that's about it. if anything, it looked like hansbrough fouled on the last shot but you have to be kidding me that that was a foul with 5 seconds to go.

Hans literally grabbed the Hokie ... not getting that foul call was criminal. Seth has a right to say whatever he wants in the presser.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    They shoulda. sigh.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Angry

Ol Roy owes Karl and his buddies a beer after this one. Ridiculous !
    I am by no means a fan of VaTech...but they got screwed.

Shouldn't carolina cut down the nets after this game? Or put up a banner for their quarterfinals victory?

Maybe they will hang a striped shirt in the dean dome rafters now

I have tried my best to remove my Duke glasses over the last 10 minutes, but it is still not possible to overlook the calls for carolina and against VT. I am amazed that Seth is not getting defib paddles applied. What terrible nonsense-

Vassallo looked like he expected no less from the refs. I guess he wouldn't have raised his hand either.

*raises hand*

Raise your hand if you knew any call on the last play would go Carolina's way...

(raising both hands)

terrible call.

The officiating in that game was a total joke. Hansbrough blatantly had his right arm draped around the guy's back on the jump ball call. The play when he was fouled to put UNC ahead was a terrible call too(a call which psycho T always gets). Plus, UNC had 3 fouls in the first 19 minutes of the 2nd half...come on. I guess the ACC really wants UNC to be in this tourney a little longer.

VT in a close game - what has the outcome usually been?

Trying something different...

Although it sucked, maybe it's good overall for UNC to win. Duke NEEDS to beat a strong UNC team for several reasons. The firts of which is seeding. if we eat UNC, it'll be in the finals and it will be a strong statement for a 1 seed. Also, just to get throw-up blue colored monkey off our back.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Black Mambo; 03-13-2009 at 02:13 PM. Reason: sucked was sicked, lol

That held ball was a killer.

Absolutely a Joke

it truly is unbelievable how Hansborough has the refs in his pocket. I don't know that I have EVER seen a player with less fouls called against him vs the fouls he draws in the history of the NCAA. It's completely a farce and I hate it for Va. Tech. It is no wonder that several ACC teams have a chip on their shoulder and play the martyr role. Let's just go ahead and give them the title, because this will only continue...

It really is pathetic.

how about this conspiracy theory...

the ACC office wants Hans-travel to break the scoring record at the ACC tournament, not the NCAA tournament so they make sure the refs are aware of that.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Never ever ever would I pull for ref-olina to win. Never ever ever. And it looks worse for them to lose to VT than to Duke.

The ESPN commentators just lightly danced around the jump ball call as just one of those tough game calls which in commentator speak of course translates as that was a terrible call. Even Hubert Davis kept his gob shut

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    you actually thought that VT was going to beat carolina this afternoon. .... I'm waiting.... anybody? Guess not.
    I learned long ago that, in this type of game, to not get excited until the game ends with UNC's opponent the victor, or in rare cases, for them to be up 15-20+ with just minutes to go.

As this game wound down I waited, and waited, and waited...oh, there's the big call, jump ball this time. Oh, well; good try, VT.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

Maybe God is a Tarheel After All

Tyler scored 28 today which puts him, I think, 24 behind JJ. Does that kind of put us on course for him breaking the record in Sunday's final? Assuming they win tomorrow. No guarantees but you know, they could be playing us in the finals. I ask you, does that seem right? Does God hate us after all?