Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

ACC Tournament: unc 79, VPI 76

For anyone watching this game, help out those of us who have to pretend we're working and report. I'd rather make this its own thread and keep the "non-Duke ACC games" thread for non-in-game discussions.

ESPN says VPI up 18-13 about halfway through the first.
    Last edited by hurleyfor3; 03-13-2009 at 02:20 PM.

20-13 VT leading UNC with 9:30 remaining. Anywhere to watch this online?

Just watching the gamecast on ESPN (damn work!) but I certainly wouldn't be surprised by a VT win here. UNC without Lawson is just a very different team. That's not a knock on UNC, more of a credit to Lawson. I think it would be like Duke playing without Singler. I know they have 2 backups in Frasor and Drew but it's such a difference. Duke could much easier absorb a loss in the backcourt while UNC could much easier absorb a loss in the frontcourt (Zeller and Davis could fill in better for Hansbrough than Frasor and Drew can fill in for Lawson).

Did anyone see?

Did anyone see the charge call on Vesaillo (I have no idea how to spell that) while the carolina defender was jumping in the air? That may have been the worst call I have ever seen, funny thing is, Raycom did not show one replay

Vasallo on the bench kills this team...

Unc up 43-42 at the half. Without watching the game I gotta believe that pace facors unc.

Justin Watts got in the game for UNC? Was there an ebola virus outbreak or something?

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    Did anyone see the charge call on Vesaillo (I have no idea how to spell that) while the carolina defender was jumping in the air? That may have been the worst call I have ever seen, funny thing is, Raycom did not show one replay
    no they didn't, but "legally" a defensive player CAN jump as long as 1) he has established defensive position prior and 2) jumps ONLY vertically.

now, that being said, the next play at the other end really seemed like a payback/makeup call to me on Green.

also.. who got the foul at the end of the half when thompson went to the line for VPI? the announcers on ESPN never said.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    also.. who got the foul at the end of the half when thompson went to the line for VPI? the announcers on ESPN never said.
    ...thus confirming it's Mike Patrick...

nope... brad nessler and jimmy dykes
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Yes I saw it too, and the room full of unc-ch fans I was watching with thought it to be the correct call obviously. I said, in my 25+ years of watching basketball, I have never seen a charge called when the defensive player left his feet in an attempt to block the shot. Probably one of the worst, most blatent biased calls I've ever seen in my life.

Worst call ever

I saw the play you mentioned. I said to myself that has to be the worst call I have ever seen in college basketball. And I'm not being a unc hater when I say that. I would have said if it had been against a Duke opponent. Go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    nope... brad nessler and jimmy dykes
    Then where the hell are Patrick/V? (Not that I'm demanding their presence or anything.) Don't they always do the ACC Tournament? Or is four games in one day too many for them and they're only doing the night session?

How long till

the refs call the 3rd foul on Vasello(sp) and Allen? Go Duke!

Hmm

Roy just did a Gary impersonation...gritty teeth, yelling at the bench and I may have seen a bead or two of sweat!

VT retakes lead

54-53 with 14:21 left...

allen has four now... that was a bad call...
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

This officiating is a joke. Hansbrough gets breathed on it a foul.

hanstravel gets the calls

3rd on Allen hand on ball but foul called. 4th just not smart play by Allen. Go Duke!

i thought seth was going to get T-ed up on the one before... it's like they are anticipating contact and blow the whistle then HAVE to call something
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC