Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MBB: West Virginia 74, (2) Pittsburgh 60

Just not sure if Pitt is really big time.

Oklahoma is done too. What is going on!?

Remember, if UNC loses it will be all because of Lawson's injury.

WOW. Just wow.

I know I am jumping the gun but if we win the ACC could we sneak into a number 1 seed?

Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~rthomas

Oklahoma's not quite done yet.

1 free throw for Ok St with 2.3 seconds...tie ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by quickgtp View Post
    I know I am jumping the gun but if we win the ACC could we sneak into a number 1 seed?
    If Duke is the ACC runner up, can it sneak into a 1 seed?

i posted in the other thread that if duke wins the acct and OK loses or louisville/uconn don't get to the BE finals, duke should get a 1. duke has #3 off #3 SOS, which should either stay the same or go up with an acct win. i can't see the committee not giving duke a #1 in that scenario. with that being said, i don't think it matters all that much. there's basically no difference between being the 3rd or 4th #1 or the 1st or 2nd #2.

I think Duke would have to win the ACC to be a #1. The rest of the world sees Duke as not being able to score in the post, which would be true.

Pitt never got into a groove because Dejuan Blair got two early fouls and sta most of the first half. Then he came back in the second and picked up another and the got T'ed up. Not good.

As for Oklahoma losing, their guards seems to be a big weakness. You cannot win in March unless you can hold up to pressure - trapping etc.

My guess is Louisville can sneak into a #1 more easily than us.

Dude are you watching it on a delay? It's been over for about 10 minutes now!

March is certainly shaping up to be pretty mad this year...

There has been about as many (huge) underdogs winning as there has been favorites winning. If this continues into the NCAA tournament, I certainly won't be winning my pool. It does make for some fun basketball, though. I just wish I could have seen some of these recent upsets...

Who's next?

Dude are you watching it on a delay? It's been over for about 10 minutes now!
    Ha! Yeah, I forgot I was watching it on the DVR.

LOL, you scared me. I'm not feeling well as it is, and I thought I was "fast-forwarded" into the future by about 10 minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Just not sure if Pitt is really big time.
    Yeah -all Pitt did was beat UConn at Pitt and at Storrs this year - everyone has done something comparable this season

Seriously, Pitt's rep recently has been to leave it all in New York while winning the Big East tournament and flaming out early in the real tournament

Dixon may not be distressed about the Pitt players being reminded they need to bring it every game from now on, not just when they get to Detroit. I doubt they slip to a 2 seed, especially with Oklahoma going down tonight.

Woooooooooo...Hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~rthomas

Alright, Gottleib just said that if Duke wins over Wake and potentially UNC, then we have a VERY strong case for a #1 seed. Again, I know I am looking ahead, but to think that we are in the conversation makes me happy.

Woooooo...Hoooooooo!!!!!!!!
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Woooooooooo...Hoooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This "upset" might be WVU's coming out party. Pomeroy (whose page is not currently loading so I can't back this up) has had them in the top 10 all year--they're a real solid team. I'm pulling them to be the four seed in Carolina's bracket.

Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    Yeah -all Pitt did was beat UConn at Pitt and at Storrs this year - everyone has done something comparable this season

Seriously, Pitt's rep recently has been to leave it all in New York while winning the Big East tournament and flaming out early in the real tournament

Dixon may not be distressed about the Pitt players being reminded they need to bring it every game from now on, not just when they get to Detroit. I doubt they slip to a 2 seed, especially with Oklahoma going down tonight.
    I am not saying Pitt is not good- but do they have what it takes to win it all. Just not sure. West Virginia outplayed them almost wire to wire.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    I am not saying Pitt is not good- but do they have what it takes to win it all. Just not sure. West Virginia outplayed them almost wire to wire.
    No team has EVER lost the first round of their conference tournament and won the national championship. Having said that, I don't want to see Pitt in our bracket. On another note, I also heard Gottlieb say Duke has an argument as a #1 seed if it beats Wake and UNC, and I was shocked. I used to hate Gottlieb, but he's growing on me a bit. Just tells it like he sees it. On yet another note, ESPN.com had Oklahoma beating Ok St 70-69 for a good 5 minutes (with the victory arrow pointing at Oklahoma). I was watching on espn360 and assumed Ok St would then miss the front end of the 1-and-1 and to my huge surprise, it went in! And it was 70-70. And Ok St obviously went on to win 71-70. You'd think they would make sure not to make such huge mistakes.