So Tyler Hansbrough is 62 points away from tying JJ Redick's career ACC scoring record. What are the chances that he DOESN'T break this record? I think it's almost certain that he will, but here are my thoughts on what it would take:

- I expect his minutes to be down in the ACC tournament. In the early rounds you need to keep your players rested, and this tournament means almost nothing to UNC in the big picture. The earliest I could see them losing would be the semi-finals. Let's say the worst-case scenario (realistically speaking) happens for him and he scores 25 points in two games.

- In the NCAA tournament, I cannot fathom them losing before the Sweet 16, even if Lawson is playing hurt as recently reported. Let's say they run into UCLA in their third game (as ESPN's bracketology currently has listed) and lay an egg in a major upset. Again, I know this is really wishful thinking from the standpoint of a Duke fan. Hansborough would probably play limited minutes again during the first game or two, but would only have to average about 13 points in each game to break the record.

- So it looks like pretty much a foregone conclusion. Averaging 12-13 points across 5 games shouldn't pose a challenge for him; heck he probably scores that just at the line 8-). An interesting thing to watch will be how much Roy Williams plays him during some of these less-important games, especially if Carolina has a big lead. Will he keep him in in order to pad the record?