Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Lawson out for tourney? Or same old game?

Not to beat a dead horse, but the previous thread was closed. It is now being reported by ESPN and WRAL that Ty Lawson might not play in the ACC tourney due to his toe swelling up. This is because he played too hard on it in the Duke game. Seriously.
    http://www.wralsportsfan.com/unc/story/4706507/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Not to beat a dead horse, but the previous thread was closed. It is now being reported by ESPN and WRAL that Ty Lawson might not play in the ACC tourney due to his toe swelling up. This is because he played too hard on it in the Duke game. Seriously.
    LOL, great call. I just posted the espn site on the Lawson POY thread. Did he "hyper-extend" his toe?

The pupil has become the master.

I heard he has chicken pox too. And Gerald Henderson broke his nose on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    I heard he has chicken pox too. And Gerald Henderson broke his nose on Sunday.
    Did Daniel Ewing get the technical?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Did Daniel Ewing get the technical?
    No, but they did call a foul on Zoubek for having his private parts stepped on by a Tar Heel.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    No, but they did call a foul on Zoubek for having his private parts stepped on by a Tar Heel.
    It was actually a double technical on Z and Shavlik Randolph, assessed retroactively from a pickup game he played with UNC players at the start of his freshman year. We have thus forfeited the entire 2003, 2004 and 2005 seasons.

ACC Tourney

I would not be surprised if Lawson does not play. There was some talk that he had a undetected fracture of some type. It could be interesting to watch. 3 games in a row on a bad toe could do some damage. I would not be surprised if UNC did not play Lawson to keep him from getting hurt. Because he is out, they probably would not lose their number 1 seed. And, of course, there is a chance they could still win it all.

I think this is Roy's way of protesting the ACC Tournament. He's not a fan for some reason.

he played too hard on it in the Duke game.
    Great. If we get Gboro, this will give the holes fans even more to boo about. Everything is always Duke's fault anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SMO View Post
    I think this is Roy's way of protesting the ACC Tournament. He's not a fan for some reason.
    That's fine. Protest it. Then lose to Florida State.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    I'm with you 100%. If Roy wants to sit Nigella and be satisfied with only cutting his own nets down then that's his problem.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    And lose in the first round of the NCAAs so Hansbrough ends up one point short of JJs record.

Bet you a 50 stamp that if we make it to Sunday Lawson is resurrected. Suddenly, the 'toe' issue with disappear!

dth.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dukestheheat View Post
    Bet you a 50 stamp that if we make it to Sunday Lawson is resurrected. Suddenly, the 'toe' issue with disappear!
    That's fine with me. Then he'll hurt his toe again vs. Duke and be forced to miss the first weekend of the NCAA's.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    And lose in the first round of the NCAAs so Hansbrough ends up one point short of JJs record.
    This would be a heartbreak "classic"!

...and justice, perhaps?

Tyler's Records

If Hansborough is 1 point shy of JJ then Roy will probably schedule a game in mid April with Western Carolina or somebody so he can get the record.

I understand that Tyler does have the all time NCAA record for most times traveling and not being called.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    This would be a heartbreak "classic"!

...and justice, perhaps?
    Your "emoticon" looks just like Hansbrough

Where are our friendly hole fans when you need them? Surely one of them can tell us we are mistaken about our doubting this bogus injury.

I was listening to one of the local sports radio shows on the way home and they had a sound clip of Lawson. After the Duke game he was blathering on about how he's looking forward to playing the tournaments healthy, unlike last year.

That Roy is a real piece of work. What a maroon!