anyone catch CASTLE?

i thought it was kinda kewl...

I TiVoed it, but haven't watched it yet. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I TiVoed it, but haven't watched it yet. We'll see.
    Well, watch it. You'll enjoy it.

I liked it. Nathan Fillon doesn't seem to have much range though, or he's typecast. Yet again he plays the exact same character. I still like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    I liked it. Nathan Fillon doesn't seem to have much range though, or he's typecast. Yet again he plays the exact same character. I still like him.
    Wait, he's the same guy in Lost, Desperate Housewives, Serenity/Firefly, Dracula 2000, Buffy, Blast from the Past, Waitress, and Saving Private Ryan? Wow, I had no idea those various productions had such similarities.

6. Finally saw Castle and I liked it pretty well. I came in mostly because I'm a Fillion fan from Serenity/Firefly/Dr. Horrible and I really enjoyed his performance. The show itself was fair, with some cute jokes and fairly minimal drama. I was actually expecting the case to last for several episodes or even an entire season (a la Dexter) and it felt rushed and too formulaic when they solved everything in 42 minutes. A mixed start but with a lot going for it and some very good promise.

Specific observations:

- The visuals were very good, especially the posed murders (the sunflowers were especially nice, IMO).

- I really liked the James Patterson cameo, but I hope they can do more/better with the idea of evaluating a case based on dramatic, rather than forensic thinking. I think they could do a lot of sly fourth-wall things with this, but in the first episode it just seemed lazy.

- OTOH, I really did enjoy the running joke that Castle is friends with every public official in the city but am worried that this could get old/silly if they abuse it.

- I was surprised they didn't set up more characters among the police. We have the two principles, the zany mom, the precocious daughter, and I guess the chief. Hopefully we'll get to know more characters as the series goes on.

- Fillion did a good job of making his character cocky with a wink (almost as if he knows he's in a TV show and has the charmed existence of a main character that can't be seriously hurt of die). Stana Katic wasn't given as much to work with, but I thought she did well and I hope we get to know more about her than "someone close to her died" and "she's charmed by Castle." They both need to be fully-developed characters for the romance to work.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilCastDownfromDurham View Post
    Finally saw Castle and I liked it pretty well.
    I avoided reading this thread until I watched the show, which I did last night. Really enjoyed it. When my wife asked me what it was about, I told her it was "Bones" in reverse. A little mystery, some humor and lots of sexual tension between the two main characters.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

How many duplicates?

Let's see, there's the Mentalist, Eleventh Hour, Fringe, Chuck, and in some ways, Life: all have the lead cop as an attractive woman, and the man provides something in the area of brains (except Chuck - what actually does he provide?). So now, Castle. It was good, there was the beginnings of a nice relationship between Castle & the cop - much better than provided in Fringe. But there is only one Bones.

I missed the first episode but watched last night's (3/16) and really enjoyed it. It was fairly suspenseful until the end. I've liked Nathan Fillion's other work including Serenity and the Firefly series. I also saw Waitress and thought he did a good job in that as well.
    Tom Mac

i'm still in....this series is pretty good so far....

dollhouse, on the other hand has purchased major stock in the HOOVER corp...

Duke Reference

Watched all of season 1 this week on DVD. In episode 3, "Hedge Fund Homeboys", there is a reference to the Duke Lacrosse case. One of the private school students involved in the case has a cell phone video of the murder, and when they ask him why he saved it, he says something along the lines of, "after what happened to those Duke Lacrosse guys, I thought we might need it to prove our innocence." I was watching it with some other Dukies and we just about jumped out of our seats in surprise.

writing really improved in the 2nd season...