Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    WE WANT MAYNOR!!!!

This must happen...

At some point, Jon ummm inadvertantly throws an elbow into Maynor's eye socket and cuts him. As he is walking next to a patched up Maynor later in the game he says, "we are even."

Duke goes on to win the game by 30, including a huge Scheyer stuff on a Maynor pull up.
    I don't wish for any particular match up. Sure, if it happens, playing VCU would be fun. And if the match up happens, we can expect them to compete. VCU isn't going to roll over.

As for Scheyer's revenge, my guess is that the only revenge he wants is a victory.

When I first read this, I thought, "Sure, bring them on." But after reading Luke Winn's piece on them, I do NOT want to face VCU again. Yes, we are much much better than we were that year, but still, teams with NCAA tournament experience and talented guards are recipes for upsets. No one should overlook them.

I want no part of Maynor. Some of the things he did against GMU were mind-blowing. One play he elevated to the basket from the edge of the box in full shooting motion, was covered, and before he landed he rifled a pass to a teammate behind him to the right. Maynor is as quick as Lawson and has similar creativity, but much more of a shooting threat, like Teague. Just the kind of player Duke has a hard time handling.

They're gone....

Mr. Maynor...ahhhh...seeeyaaaaa!

I was glad to see it. Maynor did not get off a good shot at the end.

Live by Maynor, die by Maynor.

That guy was taking a lot of terrible shots, including the final one. Maybe he should learn to pass it?

They're back...

And, they're gone.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    So VCU won the CAA championship and is back in the tourney. If they are anywhere near our bracket, I will find the closest person responsible and punch them. Hard.
    You don't have to worry about the Rams, or Maynor, anymore.

I, for one, was very happy to see the last shot end up short. I'm rooting for UCLA, although of course I have them bowing out in the Sweet 16. My loyalties are not divided...

The game shouldn't have been as close as it was. UCLA was fouled on a lot of layups and didn't get the calls (and didn't finish). The Villanova game should be fun. Too bad American didn't win.

Darn Duke curse