Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Olive Branch

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    So what you're arguing is that Roy Williams and their SID are engaged in some stupid expectation manipulation with fans. I suspect hey have more important stuff on their hands.
    Coaches trying to manage expectations is as common as running a weave drill.

The thread is bizarre. It needs to go away. And Dukies should just look forward. This is stupid.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by Aziggazoomba View Post
    I (naturally) don't think Roy did anything here an iota of malice or ill intent, but if he were trying to spin things or whatever, can you honestly say that Duke's program hasn't from time to time done that much, or more?
    Since you're going there, can you cite an example?

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    The thread is bizarre. It needs to go away. And Dukies should just look forward. This is stupid.
    I personally apologize for having sent this thread off on this tangent. Aziggazoomba offered the olive branch and made some positive comments about our team's performance, which I appreciated. Likewise, UNC played a solid game, hit some tough shots when they needed to, and handled the emotional strain of their "Senior Day" well.

My mention of the Lawson toe injury was only in response to Aziggazoomba's comment implying that Clark Kellogg was showing favoritism towards Duke. I was not trying to spark any type of conspiracy theory with regard to the reporting of Lawson's injury, I just thought it was rather annoying how many times the commentators made mention of it (especially in light of other injuries which were given little or no mention).