Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
  1. Quote Originally Posted by RepoMan View Post
    Exactly. And, if you want to really drive home the point, it is the difference between McRoberts and Hans. Imagine if those players swapped teams. Heck, imagine if McRoberts was here for 4 years and was manning the post right now. Things would be a lot different.
    That is a very, very good point!

2. Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    He was 4 of 11 from the field while getting atleast 2 open dunks (1 of those he may have created for himself). He also had 5 of our 11 turnovers. Defenses are going to key on Henderson, he has to do a better job of dealing with it or we will not go very far. At the very least he has to limit his turnovers. He did have a few nice dishes though (particularly the one to Lance). It just seemed like Gerald was off a little bit. He didn't have a bad game, but he didn't have a good game either. Bottom line is we need more from him, especially if we are going to beat a team like UNC.
    I agree Henderson's shooting percentage could've been better. But there were a few drives where he went strong to the basket against a hacking UNC defense and lost the ball. (I kept screaming: "How was that not a foul??") I think that explains the low percentage and high turnovers somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by tendev View Post
    A tactical decision not to rebound on the defensive end? Huh? If my memory serves, Carolina got 6 more offensive rebounds than we did. That is 6 more chances to score than we got. They shot shot about 53%. 53% x 6 = 3.18 additional baskets scored. Assuming those were 2 pointers that is 6 points. They won by 8. Rebounding made a big difference in this game.
    I believe the poster was referring to a tactical decision not to rebound on the OFFENSIVE end. If you're trying to slow Carolina's breaks, it wouldn't make much sense to not rebound on the DEFENSIVE end.

DukeBoy

Rebounds were big. Do you think that having the teams leading rebounder in foul trouble the 2nd half had anything to do with that 2 charges called on Singeler which should have been blocking on ..........?