Why Louisville does not deserve a 1 seed

Yes, they are #1 in the BIG EAST standings currently (15-2), and could win the BIG EAST outright with a win on the road against WVU. But in my opinion, they took advantage of an unbalanced BIG EAST schedule.

They played UCONN and PITT only ONCE EACH, and both games were at HOME. They beat PITT (by 6), but lost to UCONN (by 17).

They also played Syracuse (road win), Villanova (road win), and Marquette (home win, without Dominic James) ONLY ONCE. To their credit, they went 3-0 but how much would their standing in the BIG EAST change if they had played those teams twice?

@ Villanove and @ Syracuse are their two best road wins. Tonight's road game against West Virginia is only their NINTH TRUE ROAD GAME ALL SEASON. Duke, who has already played 11 true road games and plays @ UNC tomorrow (12 total), gets criticized by the Duke-haters every year for not playing more games outside CIS.

They've also struggled at times this year with losses to Western Kentucky (by 14 points, neutral site), Minnesota (neutral site), Notre Dame (by 33 points, road game), and UNLV (at Louisville). Good teams but not great and only one of those games was a true road game.

I agree with you. Louiville is a 2 seed at best, unless the win the Big East tournament. I do think they deserve a higher seed than Memphis who plays in something that resembles a conference. Louville has come on of late but not sure a 1 is what they deserve.

Hey guys, before all this crying about seeding contunues any further why don't we wait until the conference tournaments are played. In fact better yet, why not wait until next Sunday evening after the seedings are actually announced.

4. Quote Originally Posted by ncexnyc View Post
    Hey guys, before all this crying about seeding contunues any further why don't we wait until the conference tournaments are played. In fact better yet, why not wait until next Sunday evening after the seedings are actually announced.
    What, you got something better to do??

We're fans. We're allowed to indulge ourselves in this pointless but interesting speculation.

Kinda bizarre that UConn and Pitt, projected as 1 seeds for the NCAAT, are seeded 2 and 3 in their own conference tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Kinda bizarre that UConn and Pitt, projected as 1 seeds for the NCAAT, are seeded 2 and 3 in their own conference tournament.
    That's what you get with conference expansion and unbalanced conference schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by houstondukie View Post
    Yes, they are #1 in the BIG EAST standings currently (15-2), and could win the BIG EAST outright with a win on the road against WVU. But in my opinion, they took advantage of an unbalanced BIG EAST schedule.

They played UCONN and PITT only ONCE EACH, and both games were at HOME. They beat PITT (by 6), but lost to UCONN (by 17).

They also played Syracuse (road win), Villanova (road win), and Marquette (home win, without Dominic James) ONLY ONCE. To their credit, they went 3-0 but how much would their standing in the BIG EAST change if they had played those teams twice?

@ Villanove and @ Syracuse are their two best road wins. Tonight's road game against West Virginia is only their NINTH TRUE ROAD GAME ALL SEASON. Duke, who has already played 11 true road games and plays @ UNC tomorrow (12 total), gets criticized by the Duke-haters every year for not playing more games outside CIS.

They've also struggled at times this year with losses to Western Kentucky (by 14 points, neutral site), Minnesota (neutral site), Notre Dame (by 33 points, road game), and UNLV (at Louisville). Good teams but not great and only one of those games was a true road game.
    I'm pretty sure the 4 number 1 seeds are gonna be UNC, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh and Louisville.

Duke, UCONN, Memphis, and Michigan State will be the 2's.

I dont think all the talk really matters becuase it will all be decided starting on tuesday at the Big East Tournament.

I think all the Duke fans need to just sit back and watch what should be the funnes conference tournament week ever, and stop worrying so much about Duke.

Just sit back and enjoy another great season of Duke basketball

Quote Originally Posted by wolfpackdevil View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 4 number 1 seeds are gonna be UNC, Oklahoma, Pittsburgh and Louisville.

Duke, UCONN, Memphis, and Michigan State will be the 2's.

I dont think all the talk really matters becuase it will all be decided starting on tuesday at the Big East Tournament.

I think all the Duke fans need to just sit back and watch what should be the funnes conference tournament week ever, and stop worrying so much about Duke.

Just sit back and enjoy another great season of Duke basketball
    What makes you think I am not already enjoying this season? Talking about seeding is fun for me. If you don't think so, don't open this thread.

I started another thread earlier this week about how March is the best time of the season. Why don't you go post on that thread.

I don't mean to sound rude.