Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: Duke 75, FSU 57 (ACC Tourney)

Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    I didn't see the OT loss in Tallahassee, but it was not a typical Duke game at all. Duke outshot the Seminoles 49.2% to 45.5%, but was outrebounded 40-33. How often has that happened this year?
    I pulled this from the UVA thread. In some ways that game was too much of a typical Duke game, in that we had a commanding lead that we gave up. We've done the same against Maryland and Carolina as well. We did a great job yesterday of not letting UVA back in it, but at the end of the 1st half it looked like that's where we were headed.
    If we can keep FSU at arms reach when (and if) we have a lead, obviously we greatly improve our chances. Today's game should be a tough one, FSU has a great team. The only reason they are not in the top 10 is their schedule has not given them many elite teams to play outside of the ACC. Freshour drilled us for 21 points last game, including 3 threes; she will be a focus of our defense I'm sure.
    Best of luck today again, ladies, LGD!!
    Today's game is televised on FSN and ACCselect (free feed) at 3:30.
    The Md.-UNC matchup in the first session should be very good as well.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Isn't FSU's WBB team caught up in the cheating scandal, as well?

Do you think this might pre-occupy their focus, or give them a feeling of greater cause?

Lightbulb FSU's ACC schedule among the easiest...

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I pulled this from the UVA thread. In some ways that game was too much of a typical Duke game, in that we had a commanding lead that we gave up. We've done the same against Maryland and Carolina as well. We did a great job yesterday of not letting UVA back in it, but at the end of the 1st half it looked like that's where we were headed.
    If we can keep FSU at arms reach when (and if) we have a lead, obviously we greatly improve our chances. Today's game should be a tough one, FSU has a great team. The only reason they are not in the top 10 is their schedule has not given them many elite teams to play outside of the ACC. Freshour drilled us for 21 points last game, including 3 threes; she will be a focus of our defense I'm sure.
    FSU women played MD,Duke,and UNC only once...and at home.
    In OOC play, they lost to UConn 83-71 and beat Texas A&M.

They are a gritty,no quit team, that has good chemistry.

They do not choke,so it will be a fight.

Go,Duke!
    Best--Blueprofessor

Lightbulb Yes, FSU's WBB is one of the 10 sports teams sanctioned by the NCAA...

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Isn't FSU's WBB team caught up in the cheating scandal, as well?

Do you think this might pre-occupy their focus, or give them a feeling of greater cause?
    The FSU women's bball team will lose 2 scholarships in 2009-2010 or 2010-2011,at the school's discretion.

I'd be surprised if this embarrassment were not on the players' minds.
    This team is tough and the sanction could cause them to fight harder,because the removal of victories in the fall of 2006 and the fall and winter of 2007 is seen by many as unfair.

Its most profound impact is on Coach Bowden's 14 wins which will be stripped,making it almost impossible to catch Paterno in wins.

Best regards--Blueprofessor

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    LGD!! We'll have the Twerps in the final if we win, but we have to win first.

We are snrubbing, join in. http://www.snrub.com/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I cannot find this on ACCselect. Can someone provide a link to today's game.
    Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by marinbobbyduhon View Post
    Thanks in advance!
    The game's on TV, on Fox Sports Net. Check Fox College Sports Central, if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by marinbobbyduhon View Post
    Thanks in advance!
    it is probably on now. They wait until the game starts. http://www.theacc.com/accselect/index.html

Duke up by 17 now.

Amazing half..best of year

It even tops yesterday's near perfect performance, the ladies have a 22 point lead!

Duke leads 40-18 at the half. As one announcer observed, these two games in the ACC Tournament have been the best performances by this team so far this season. The defense is not such a surprise, but the offensive efficiency last night and in the first half today has been the most impressive I've seen since McCallie took over.

Thanks for the updates. I was finally able to get game tracker through ACCSelect - but it still shows 3 minutes left in the half. I'm feeling very technologically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Thanks for the updates. I was finally able to get game tracker through ACCSelect - but it still shows 3 minutes left in the half. I'm feeling very technologically challenged.
    you should be able to watch the game, not just tracker...
    click the big blue button, and then live events.

I went with ESPN Real Time because the GameTracker is running way behind. ACCSelect only offers the Post Game Press Conferences for free today. Disappointing since I was at work during last night's free telecast. I don't have cable or satellite TV so the internet is what I rely on to get my games. At least we are playing terrific, so I had better not complain!

you should be able to watch the game, not just tracker...
    click the big blue button, and then live events.
    I'm apparently not meant to see this game. When I click on the blue button, it doesn't list today's games on the choices. I can select yesterday's games but nothing for today.

I'll just check back in here periodically to see how the team is doing.

43-31 16:31 left

I'm apparently not meant to see this game. When I click on the blue button, it doesn't list today's games on the choices. I can select yesterday's games but nothing for today.

It appears that FSt is making a come back. We need to make some stops and
    re-assert ourselves!

right now not well. We let them make it a 10 point game in less than 5 minutes. We are careless with the ball and not shooting well. grrr

Come snrub with us, we'll keep you up to date!

You really don't want to see what's happening now. FSU has outscored Duke 16-3 and has cut the lead from 22 to 9 in less than 4 minutes of play in the second half. Ugh.

And just like that, Duke goes on a 7-0 run and pushes the lead back to 16.

right now not well. We let them make it a 10 point game in less than 5 minutes. We are careless with the ball and not shooting well. grrr

Come snrub with us, we'll keep you up to date!
    Unfortunately, I am supposed to be working so that doesn't work so well. I'll be there tomorrow though! No working on Sundays, at least not yet.

20 point lead again. We rock!