Thread: Brandyn Curry

Brandyn Curry

I came across his name in The Faces in The Crowd in this week's SI.

He is from Huntersville, North Carolina, ( do not know where that is ), and a senior at Hopewell High there. He is a point guard and was named MECA-7 conference player of the year by The Charlotte Observer. He led his team to a 26-0 record and the Class4A state title and averaged 13.5 points and 5.6 assists a game. He is going to Harvard.

I had never heard nor saw his name mentioned anywhere all year with respect to Duke recruiting or for that matter any ACC school recruiting.

Does anyone know anything about him? Might he have flown under the radar ,is he just not a player who could flourish in a big time program, or is he a player no matter his ability just could not turn down a Harvard education and Harvard degree ?

I don't know much about Curry, but Huntersville, NC is about two miles from Davidson (the town and the college). Given the proximity I doubt Curry would have flown under coach McKillop's radar.

Curry

http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2...-final/sports/

Curry's team lost in the NC Western 4-A (which is the largest classification) finals and will not advance to the state title game. This link reports on their loss to Mt. Tabor, from the Winston-Salem area, and indicates Curry scored 8 points.

I follow recruiting somewhat and had not heard about any ACC interest in Curry. His profile on scout.com indicates he got offers from William & Mary, American, Princeton, Penn, and others; visited Stanford, but did not get an offer.

Sounds like Davidson would have been a natural, but apparently they passed on recruiting the local guy.

Brandy Curry has committed to play for Tommy Amaker at Harvard.