Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

WBB: Duke 76, UVA 53 (ACC Tourney)

The women take on the Cavaliers tonight at 8PM. Unfortunately it is not televised, but it is on ACC select video. UVA is a tough team (23-8), but we've had the upper hand of late, winning 15 in a row. It's not do-or-die for the women in the big picture tonight, but it will be nice to see them hopefully come out and prove they are ready for tourney play. Best of luck to the ladies, GO DUKE!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I don't get it. This game should be on. I also looked everywhere but found nothingl. What is the website to get the game on the computer w/radio comintary? Do you know?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

On Now

WOW - 17 - 2 - Duke!!!!!!!!!

17-2 and we are LOOKING AWESOME!!
    Go DukE!!

4:35 left in 1st half...Duke 35 UVA 13...dammmmmnnnnnn!

dammmnnnnnn!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    4:35 left in 1st half...Duke 35 UVA 13...dammmmmnnnnnn!
    The women suddenly appear able to score

OMG Abby insane 3 pointer..lol.... 40-15 us

mini-collapse

Grrr, bad end to an amazing half. We got tired at the end of that half I think, bad timing. Still, wow, best I've seen these women play all year. Keep it up ladies!, GO DUKE!!!

not a good end to the half

All of a sudden, very sloppy

LMAO at the masoct and Benny Hill gauntlet fan run...LOL.

Yep--had a 25-point lead at 40-15, then went sloppy and gave up 8 straight on easy layups to cut the margin to 42-25 at the half. But those first 18 minutes were the best combination of defense and offense I've seen from this team all year.

followed by a very touching montage video of Kay Yow...great television.

Abby seems to have found her range again, hitting another trey. Duke now up 53-30.

4 Threes for Abby tonight..too cool.

Congrats to our women!! Very solid win! Go Duke!!

Abby rules.

Abby was WOTM...how awesome to see her have the game she did, outside and inside scoring, pus the defense she gives us that we don't win without. Great way to open the tourney, tomorrow is going to be fun. If we play tomorrow like we did tonight, I would not want to be FSU. Go Duke!!!

Great start

Great start for Duke, especially offensively, while the Terps almost stumble. Who would have expected Duke to shoot 56% and 61.5% on threes, while giving up no threes at all? While I don't think that Duke has lost to UVA this century, they're still a ranked team that should get to the NCAAs.

I didn't see the OT loss in Tallahassee, but it was not a typical Duke game at all. Duke outshot the Seminoles 49.2% to 45.5%, but was outrebounded 40-33. How often has that happened this year?

Make no mistake, FSU is a very talented and dangerous team. Their win against Texas A&M might be the ACC's best non-conference win.

That said, Duke dominated most of the game at Tally. Six-point lead in the final minute, missed the first end of a 1&1, gave up a three-point play and a three-point shot. Not competitive in OT.

Duke did not play well defensively and did not finish. I'm pretty sure that Duke was hoping for a rematch. They will not be flat for this one.

Have to limit second shots and not give Freshour any good looks. If Duke does that, I think the outcome will be positive.