Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Slightly appropos to things like bagels and lox, I feel compelled to report that my wife and I scored the Triple Crown last weekend as we sucked down Katz's best in the world pastrami on Saturday night, followed by Katz's chopped liver sandwiches mid morning Sunday and Katz's fabulous tongue sandwiches Sunday afternoon. Then I went home and broke the bathroom scale.

I think it's worth noting that tongue is VERY underestimated. Superb.
    You really ate tongue? Ewwwww!

If a cat steals your tongue sandwich, does that meet the cat got your tongue?

I suppose there's a cow somewhere with a speech impediment now; otherwise I have few guilt feelings.

Tongue sandwiches were superb...very corned beefish. Ultra flavorful.

And the chopped liver was magnificent, though the amount of grease on the waxed paper wrapper (had to be gobs and gobs of chicken fat) gave us pause. For a wee moment.

Too bad we didn't have room for the deli tuna, because that's absolutely superb, too.

Slightly appropos to things like bagels and lox, I feel compelled to report that my wife and I scored the Triple Crown last weekend as we sucked down Katz's best in the world pastrami on Saturday night, followed by Katz's chopped liver sandwiches mid morning Sunday and Katz's fabulous tongue sandwiches Sunday afternoon. Then I went home and broke the bathroom scale.

I think it's worth noting that tongue is VERY underestimated. Superb.
    Gee, Budwom, shouldn't this have been in the Ymm Pastrami thread?

I might - MIGHT - be going to NYC next week for a couple of days and will endeavor to sample Katz's fare again. And yes, sports fans, I will plan on "playing" FedUPS delivery service for select fans in the area You know who you are!

As for tongue, my mother occasionally bought it as a sandwich meat when I was a kid. I ate it, didn't think anything about it, until I realized that it really was a tongue and haven't had it since.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I suppose there's a cow somewhere with a speech impediment now; otherwise I have few guilt feelings.

Tongue sandwiches were superb...very corned beefish. Ultra flavorful.

And the chopped liver was magnificent, though the amount of grease on the waxed paper wrapper (had to be gobs and gobs of chicken fat) gave us pause. For a wee moment.

Too bad we didn't have room for the deli tuna, because that's absolutely superb, too.

I believe the University of Ver-Mont has a fine cardiology division. I believe I'd get acquainted with one of their faculty members. Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Gee, Budwom, shouldn't this have been in the Ymm Pastrami thread?

I might - MIGHT - be going to NYC next week for a couple of days and will endeavor to sample Katz's fare again. And yes, sports fans, I will plan on "playing" FedUPS delivery service for select fans in the area You know who you are!

As for tongue, my mother occasionally bought it as a sandwich meat when I was a kid. I ate it, didn't think anything about it, until I realized that it really was a tongue and haven't had it since.
    You are a gentleman and a scholar and a heck of a delivery service...

(wipes drool from chin...)