Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Brunchgate, depending on starting time, involves whatever its participants choose to bring, which usually includes:

bagels

beer

cream cheese

beer

mixed fruits

beer

sticky buns

beer

ham/sausage/plain biscuits

mimosas

brats

beer

cold cuts

beer

pork loin

beer

beef brisket

beer

salads

beer

beef tenderloin

beer

hamburgers

beer

kosher franks

beer

other wieners

beer

potato casserole/salad

beer

CCC

beer

brownies

beer

veggie trays

beer

Bubbies products

beer

did I omit any items?

oh, yea,

more beer

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    That's a lot of "B" food/beverage items.
    As there should be!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    As there should be!
    Well played

What's happenin' here. Did I miss something. Has a brunchgate already been declared. When's it happening? Where's it happening? Do I need to bring any beer. Goes good with bagels and lox, and it's good for you. There's a Dunkin' Donuts place just down the road. I can get some bagels there, and can stop by the Golden Coral and get some of their smokin' salmon. Do you need it before September? It'll keep in the back of my truck til' then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    What's happenin' here. Did I miss something. Has a brunchgate already been declared. When's it happening? Where's it happening? Do I need to bring any beer. Goes good with bagels and lox, and it's good for you. There's a Dunkin' Donuts place just down the road. I can get some bagels there, and can stop by the Golden Coral and get some of their smokin' salmon. Do you need it before September? It'll keep in the back of my truck til' then.
    LMAO. Settle down fella. We'll post it clearly on the OTB starting in early to mid-August when the 1st fall gathering will be and probably e-mail you, too. A suggested menu will be bantered about, we'll all post our contributions and then we'll convene in a familiar location several hours before kick-off and begin the 2009 festivities. Meanwhile, please return to the EK forum to discuss our current 2 BB teams that will be playing tomorrow.

There's a Dunkin' Donuts place just down the road. I can get some bagels there
    Blasphemy!

Blasphemy!
    You are right there. Not much better than/different from Lender's. Ooh, maybe a "ycch, bagels" thread should be started...

Blasphemy! [snipped out four eeks]
    There have been times when I have craved them ... when I am in the middle of a rainstorm in my tent in a rainforest somewhere on the other side of the earth.

I have never craved Panera bagels.
    Last edited by Lavabe; 03-08-2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo

Smile More B's to add to devildeac's Brunchgate list

Bud Light.

Brai (as in matzah brai)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Bud Light.

Brai (as in matzah brai)
    bountiful, too

More B's to add to devildeac's Brunchgate list

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Bud Light.

Brai (as in matzah brai)
    I can assure you there has been plenty of Bud Light at the Brunchgates!

9F 9F 9F

I can assure you there has been plenty of Bud Light at the Brunchgates!
    Bud Light? Ycch! Uh, well, yeah. Maybe to rinse down the bagels from Dunkin Donuts.

Bud Light? Ycch! Uh, well, yeah. Maybe to rinse down the bagels from Dunkin Donuts.
    Now that is a bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Now that is a bad combination.
    How about we order some Bitburger Pils, "Bitte, ein Bit." Abends Bit, Morgens fit! And somebody get some soft pretzels and mustard.

How about we order some Bitburger Pils, "Bitte, ein Bit." Abends Bit, Morgens fit! And somebody get some soft pretzels and mustard.
    TNTDevil usually brings some fine German beers. Wonder what he has been doing recently?

And where do you plan on getting the soft pretzels? A street corner in Philadelphia or NYC? If you do, bring back one or two dozen real bagels. And a cheese steak, too.

I can't believe there are so many people here who don't like lox! A good bagel with cream cheese and lox is one of my favorite foods! Though I must say I'm not picky about the kind of bagel, and I don't see anything wrong with Panera bagels.

I just recently tried a place in Raleigh that is supposed to be the real deal; I believe it was called New York Bagels and Deli, and it had plenty of other Jewish classics. I thought it was great, but then again, I haven't had any real New York bagels to compare it to. Any other suggestions for bagels and lox in the Triangle?

Quote Originally Posted by zingit View Post
    I just recently tried a place in Raleigh that is supposed to be the real deal; I believe it was called New York Bagels and Deli, and it had plenty of other Jewish classics. I thought it was great, but then again, I haven't had any real New York bagels to compare it to. Any other suggestions for bagels and lox in the Triangle?
    This intrigued me so I did a Google search and it is on Falls of Nuese Rd in North Raleigh. But the reviews are not flattering, at least as far as the service goes.
    http://triangle.citysearch.com/review/6192460
    One review does say the bagels are very good, but the other six scream about how bad, and rude, the service is. I may have to try it when I have a chance

9F 9F 9F

This intrigued me so I did a Google search and it is on Falls of Nuese Rd in North Raleigh. But the reviews are not flattering, at least as far as the service goes.
    One review does say the bagels are very good, but the other six scream about how bad, and rude, the service is. I may have to try it when I have a chance
    It's about 2 miles from our house and we have not been there since they changed owners and names from Manhattan Bagel 2-3 years ago. More later.

Question

Is this the place over by devildeac?

If so, it used to be a Manhattan Bagel. Both incarnations are better than Dunkin Donuts, and they at least produce legitimate bagels (unlike Panera). I would not rave about the place, but I also wouldn't trash it.

Slightly appropos to things like bagels and lox, I feel compelled to report that my wife and I scored the Triple Crown last weekend as we sucked down Katz's best in the world pastrami on Saturday night, followed by Katz's chopped liver sandwiches mid morning Sunday and Katz's fabulous tongue sandwiches Sunday afternoon. Then I went home and broke the bathroom scale.

I think it's worth noting that tongue is VERY underestimated. Superb.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Slightly appropos to things like bagels and lox, I feel compelled to report that my wife and I scored the Triple Crown last weekend as we sucked down Katz's best in the world pastrami on Saturday night, followed by Katz's chopped liver sandwiches mid morning Sunday and Katz's fabulous tongue sandwiches Sunday afternoon. Then I went home and broke the bathroom scale.

I think it's worth noting that tongue is VERY underestimated. Superb.
    Hmm...

Wonder if that begs their own threads, "ymm, chopped liver," and "ymm, tongue."