Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Devil View Post
    Is there any possibility that they would go with a young coach from a good, clean program -- like an assistant from Duke?
    I give that about a -10% chance.

According to a local ABC station, it is done.

Check out the poll results! Coach K is pulling as much of the popular vote as Travis Ford!

Quote Originally Posted by 78Devil View Post
    Is there any possibility that they would go with a young coach from a good, clean program -- like an assistant from Duke?
    No. Even if the administrators went with Chris Collins or Quin Snyder, they'd bring up past violations.

Pat Forde says GOODBYE to Billy G.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...9&sportCat=ncb

It's Official: Gillispie OUT at Kentucky

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4021232

Donovan to UK. Boynton to Duke. Good times.

This is terrible news for Michael Avery, high school class of 2012.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...acker/espnu100

This will be an interesting offseason. Does Billy D leave for Kentucky? Who fills the UVa job? Would NC St consider getting Gillespie?

Quote Originally Posted by nyr484 View Post
    This is terrible news for Michael Avery, high school class of 2012.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...acker/espnu100
    You mean, hes not going to UK? That's the big news here. A 15 year old's verbal won't stand? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    This will be an interesting offseason. Does Billy D leave for Kentucky? Who fills the UVa job? Would NC St consider getting Gillespie?
    I have a sneaking feeling it might be Calipari going there. He's a smooth talker, smoozer and can recruit just like Pitino back when he went there. I think he could be a god there and his chances for a NC would be better there b/c his team would be better tested throughout the year. My only question is whether the recruits he has coming into Memphis next year are verbals or have signed. If they are verbals, don't be surprised he bolts and tries to bring some, if not all with him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDukie View Post
    I have a sneaking feeling it might be Calipari going there. He's a smooth talker, smoozer and can recruit just like Pitino back when he went there. I think he could be a god there and his chances for a NC would be better there b/c his team would be better tested throughout the year. My only question is whether the recruits he has coming into Memphis next year are verbals or have signed. If they are verbals, don't be surprised he bolts and tries to bring some, if not all with him.
    I think that is what he loves about Memphis. He just wracks up wins and its a low profile job. He gets about any recruit he wants also. I think UK would grow frustrated with the amount of one and done players. I think Donovan will get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by geraldsneighbor View Post
    I think that is what he loves about Memphis. He just wracks up wins and its a low profile job. He gets about any recruit he wants also. I think UK would grow frustrated with the amount of one and done players. I think Donovan will get the job.
    I understand your point but thing I disagree with his him wanting a low profile job. Plus, to shut up his naysayers and win a NC, I think he needs a program that will allow him the platform to win it all. He will deny it, but does Conference USA prepare them to win a NC? Probably not. Plus winning at Kentucky, an all time program would allow him to have spotlight on him and be able to talk, talk and talk some more. And lets be honest, would Kentucky fans have any issue w/ one and doners if he has them rolling at 30-4 and being in the NC discussioin every year? I don't think so.

Here in Lexington...

... all the discussion among fans and media types (opinion/newspaper/radio columnists) seems to be on Donovan and Calipari. It's been like this for a while.

The big news here is a press conference, scheduled for 430PM. If they ARE going to announce someone this quickly, it would have to be someone who isn't in the NCAA tourney.

Here's the news:
    http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-...skbl-body.html

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Please be Donovan... Please be Donovan... Please be Donovan... Kenny Boynton... bigmoneybigmoneybigmoney... SNAKE EYES COME ON!!!!

Reports have Donovan out at Florida and In at Kentucky!

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...an_leaving_UCF

This is turning in to a bit of a soap opera, but BCG has CALLED A NEWS CONFERENCE for tomorrow at 11am. If he holds to that plan, things could get real ugly real quick...

well that would be a nice little recruiting coup to turn things around a bit. Thank you Kentucky!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueintheFace View Post
    Please be Donovan... Please be Donovan... Please be Donovan... Kenny Boynton... bigmoneybigmoneybigmoney... SNAKE EYES COME ON!!!!
    How does that help us with Kenny Boynton? Didn't he sign a LOI to Florida? And if he's not going to honor his commitment to Florida, why would he come to Duke and not just follow Donovan to UK?

course Boynton could always stay at Florida to play with Grant or follow Donovan to UK... but it opens up possibilities at least... and who knows, maybe helps with Knight too?

Quote Originally Posted by bgibbs1001 View Post
    Billy G at NC STATE. They might as well have kept Herb Sendek. I do not see any difference.
    Difference? IQ.

N.C. State requirement? Probably not.