Arrested over McNuggets

This seems like a ridiculous story... woman gets arrested for abusing 911 because McDonalds wouldn't give her a refund despite running out of McNuggets.

http://www.wptv.com/mostpopular/stor...opvIc4LWQ.cspx

But she does have a point that they took her money, didn't provide the product purchased, and then refused to give her a refund. She took it too far, but it can be argued that it seems this store was trying to take advantage of her.

I'm not sure what Pacer's link has to do with the original one.

Oh, I agree the lady was wronged, but when she went on about her McNugget's being an emergency, it was taking it too far. It reminded me of that skit regarding things being taken too far.

I found the most interesting facts from the news story to be:
    McNuggets, introduced to the McDonald’s national menu in 1983, are sold in more than 100 countries and, unlike the McDouble, are often dunked in barbecue or hot mustard sauce.
    Goodman’s 10-piece selection has 460 calories and 29 grams of fat.
    Now that's quality journalism.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Oh, I agree the lady was wronged, but when she went on about her McNugget's being an emergency, it was taking it too far. It reminded me of that skit regarding things being taken too far.
    Yeah, I think it got handled about right. One thing some people don't know is 911 is mostly a police catchall number now, not just for emergencies.

Hammering it repeatedly when they tell you a cruiser is en route is stupid, however.

As is refusing to give a refund for a product you sold but did not have.

Both the customer and the cashier were criminally stupid. Throw them both into a room for a cage death match. When the survivor emerges, shoot that one.

I'm a little sympathetic to the woman. She was, in effect, being robbed when her refund was refused.
    No soup for you!

Makes me think of "Supersize Me". That movie changed the way I will forever look at McDonalds. Cant even stomach the stuff now...

Quote Originally Posted by AtlBluRew View Post
    I'm a little sympathetic to the woman. She was, in effect, being robbed when her refund was refused.
    I agree, and I don't know the non-emergency number for the police either... (but I would know not to call 9-1-1... three times...)

At least it sounds like she's got the good sense to be embarrased by her actions. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533731/?GT1=43001

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I agree, and I don't know the non-emergency number for the police either... (but I would know not to call 9-1-1... three times...)

At least it sounds like she's got the good sense to be embarrased by her actions. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29533731/?GT1=43001
    I don't know the non-emergency number either, but I do know "O" and "411", and I'm pretty sure they could've helped me. Maaaaaaaaaybe I could let her slide with one call to 911, cuz I'd be mad as hell too, but three times?