Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

MBB: Duke 84, FSU 81 Post-Game Thread

Post your post-game thoughts in this thread.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Just a gutty, gutty game from our guys. Terrible first half, but what an effort in the second half. Great game from a variety of players. I'm so happy right now!

Beat a very good FSU team despite missing two guys who log significant minutes.

Can win a share of the ACC title with a win Sunday. We've got a shot. Can't ask for much more than that, especially after what was going on in early Feburary.

(I'm assuming VT doesn't beat UNC tomorrow, of course.)

This was a huge, huge win. With Lance and Nolan out with injuries and all of our bigs with foul trouble, what a gutty achievement to get it done.

Congrats, Devils!

Looking for some color from those who were able to watch it live - no TV coverage in northeast for this one. Nice end result though - however it appears we again were outshot on FG percentage.

Tough, gritty win. FSU is very good defensively. Duke hung 50 on them in the 2nd? That speaks volumes.

that was some 2nd half. in many ways, better that the first game.

crowd did seem to "be there" in the 2nd half too.

Great, gutsy win. The only reason FSU was in it at the end was Toney Douglas. That kid is a BEAST! I thought we defended every one of those 2nd half 3s pretty well (except the last one). Feels good that we dug deep and still overcame his performance.

And how special was Singler in the 2nd half? Even with the little hook move....

-c

"Looking for some color from those who were able to watch it live"

no turnovers in 2n half. kyle busts out in 2nd half. we limit their transition baskets in 2nd half. Gee big at the end.

oh, and EW did a good job on douglas, until the end when he went nuts from 3.

Fantastic effort by everyone in the 2nd half. Huge shots by Singler early and G late. Solid play by McClure before fouling out (on a couple of sketchy calls). HUGE tip-outs by Zoubek to retain possession before G's go-ahead 3. Fantastic D and some huge plays by Williams. Solid effort from Scheyer (except the uncharacteristic missed FTs).

This is a game that they have lost the past few years. They took FSU's best shot - Douglas was ridiculous - and came away with a W despite injuries and foul trouble. Great job.

What a great effort from this team. They continue to find a way to battle and win. I love this team, although I'm not sure my heart can take it.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    BIG TIME WIN!!

Wow, what a great 2nd half. Facing all kinds of adversity, down 2 key players from the rotation, all the remaining bigs in foul trouble, Scheyer turns an ankle, Gerald looks as though he is gassed to the point of exhaustion, can't buy a basket, opponent making all kinds of shots, yet Duke rises to the occasion and gets it done. So again Wow!

Way to go Duke! That was an incredible win!

It seems that Elliot always manages to make a 3 at a key point in our games.

What a game!

Great effort and a great win! Has anyone been a bigger cheap-foul magnet than Kyle Singler?

Congratulations for a strong ending to the regular season at home. Now, go take the Tar Heel scalp at the Dean Dome.

Teton Jack

Senior Night first halves are often ugly - this was no different. Lance's injury added to that brew.

BUT, we definitely regrouped at halftime, amped up the D, started taking it to the hole more, and broke the seal on the 3 pointers. The big stats they kept showing were transition points where we gave up 14 in the first half and zero in the second half, and turnovers where we had, until very late, zero in the second half.

In the last few meaningful exchanges, FSU fans will likely complain about a no-call that could have sent Douglas to the line and what they will perceive to be a bs call putting Henderson on the line in the next exchange. At the time, we were up 1 and wound up, then, being up 3. It was a defining portion of the last 2 minutes.

Singler, G, Scheyer and Elliot were all very solid. Zoubek gave us something down the stretch. Douglas was his usual very very very good self. Alabi is a real player, as is Echuefu. I hope Lance isn't too hurt.

Big time win!

Guts!

No Nolan. No Lance. Scheyer on a gimpy ankle. The entire frontcourt in foul trouble. Down at the half. Down again in the final two minutes.

But Duke fought, executed and prevailed. It wasn't our best night. It doesn't matter. We beat a good team in a tough situation. We now have one game in nine days, which hopefully will allow us to get healthy and keep improving. And that one game happens to be against our arch-rival with the chance to grab at least a share of the ACC regular season title.

I'm so proud of the way the guys have responded when things looked bleak. Bravo!

Motion offense

When we went to the motion offense in the 2nd half it seemed to liven us up. Jon really started it off with the two steals immediately. Kyle got it going in the 2nd half as well and I think that Gerald had 20 pts and 10 rebounds with several assists. Going to be hard to vote on MOTM. Zoubek contributed as well. Good win on Senior night. Go Dave, Greg and Marty. Go Duke!

Great win, and it looks like Zoubek did his best to fill in. Too bad Paulus only had six, Dave fouled out, and Marty shot 0-1. But at least senior night ended with a W, something that has not happened in a while.

P.S. I had to gamecast this thing, so i wasn't able to watch it on TV. How will the WWLIS and other media outlets say the refs helped Duke win this thing?

2 things we really need. To get healthy, especially Nolan. And for Elliot to make some freebies.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by RainingThrees View Post
    2 things we really need. To get healthy, especially Nolan. And for Elliot to make some freebies.
    For those with video, was Lance on the bench in the 2nd half?