NCAAT Preview - UConn, Kansas, Mich State, Illinois and CBS Announcing Teams

I have been house bound this weekend so I watched a couple of ACC games along with parts of some games on CBS. It appears that they are getting their announcing teams ready for March Madness. Gus Johnson, Kellogg, Bonner, Spanarkel, Engberg and Wetzel and a couple of announcers I don't remember did the games. I am still convinced that Dick Engberg is the best play-by-play guy out there and Spanarkel and Bonner are two of my favorite color men. As far as the teams are concerned, UConn and Michigan State deserve to be among the top teams in the country. Both are very tough defensively but UConn seems to have more offensive weapons. The Big Ten teams remind me of the Woody Hayes "three yards a cloud of dust" offense. If they get behind, they don't have the firepower and uptempo games to catch up. Kansas appeared to be a very well rounded team with a great point guard, good perimeter play, and some size and good inside players. I like Illinois because Davis played at the local high school (and is a better player in college than he was in high school) and their big man, Tisdale, has some offensive skills and is a fun player to watch.

gw67
    Last edited by gw67; 03-01-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    As far as the teams are concerned, UConn and Michigan State deserve to be among the top teams in the country. Both are very tough defensively but UConn seems to have more offensive weapons.
    UConn has been hurt by the season ending injury to Jerome Dyson. Freshman Kemba Walker will have to step it up in the upcoming tough March games.

Michigan State is always a tough out. Tom Izzo has his team ready to play at the end of the year. The Spartans always seem to be playing their best ball in March.

I agree that both teams are among the elite that have a chance to win it all.
    Bob Green