Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    So would there be any youtube footage of this Greivas act? Ofcourse not, it would only be interesting if a Duke player committed this. For everyone else this is accepted behavior.

JJ did it too

against Mich St ...w/three seconds to go and no one covering him in a 16 pt blow out jj reddick drove the whole court and made a lay up. just as classless and that idiot Vasquez.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeler4life View Post
    against Mich St ...w/three seconds to go and no one covering him in a 16 pt blow out jj reddick drove the whole court and made a lay up. just as classless and that idiot Vasquez.

link?

Quote Originally Posted by Heeler4life View Post
    I can't seem to find such a game. Is it some other team?

Quote Originally Posted by JG Nothing View Post
    Singler was never in a serious defensive stance. In both cases, popping the ball out of the player's arms and jumping towards the guy dribbling the ball up court, Singler used the element of surprise to try to upstage Clemson.

The Clemson players were simply celebrating a huge win with their fans in the waning seconds of the game. They were not taunting the Duke players at all. I've seen Duke players do similar things at the end of games and everyone else was always "okay with it."
    I have NEVER seen a duke player WITH THE BALL turn his back on the defense, nonchalantly tuck the ball under one hand, and start waving at the crowd with time on the clock. If he did, I would expect him to be sitting at the beginning of the next game. Jason Williams waved to the crowd ONCE that I can remember while holding the ball with time on the clock, but he did NOT take his eyes off the defender and he kept the ball FIRMLY clamped in his other elbow. Now, it's one thing for players that aren't holding the ball to do it. I've seen a lot of guys for duke and other schools do that, and I don't have a problem with it. But the guy with the ball has a RESPONSIBILITY to protect it UNTIL THE HORN SOUNDS. Sorry, this argument doesn't hold water with me.

Further, you say that Clemson wasn't taunting Duke. Absolutely the guy with the ball was. It is COMPLETELY disrespectful to dismiss your opponent and turn your back on him to play up to the crowd when you're the guy holding the ball with time still on the clock. Ask anybody who knows anything about body language. You're basically telling them that they don't matter. I played point guard in high school, and I promise you I never did that, and I never would.